Metrolink Valley Sub (Southern California Route)

More shots from the route in progress. { Taylor yard )
btvfd_20120903_0011.jpg

Dayton Ave. tower.
D
btvfd_20120903_0010.jpg

btvfd_20120903_0009.jpg

btvfd_20120903_0008.jpg

West Bank line heading to Taylor Yard from Mission Jct.
E
btvfd_20120903_0006.jpg

[
btvfd_20120903_0005.jpg

btvfd_20120903_0001.jpg
]

Last edited:
Well I'm almost done with the track laying, now just to finish everything else like buildings and ground cover.

I now live in Burbank, half a block from where the Burbank Branch use to be and near to the east end of it so I turned up this thread in a search.

How goes the progress in the new year? I'd love to run this route some day!!

Well I've been working away on it but I 've hit a RED block..... I'm re-doing some of the route but my hope is to have it ready for testing before the end of this year(2013).

The real challenge will be for the Metrolink trains since nobody has made them for Trainz, the only ones I found are for MS train sim.

Jim

There are some on the DLS. I've included them in the Socal layout I'm currently building. Use the Content Manager and do a search for "metrolink" - there's a list of them, but some are either broken or too old to run in TS 2012.

Wow that's an old posting back from when I started building this thing.
Yep I downloaded them all awhile back.

My name is Tim and I'm new to Trainz. I just recently got TS2012. I found this thread today. Very impressive on the route you are creating. I'm a truck driver and in the L.A. area at least once a week. I just wanted to say it looks good so far what you have created.

yes I know it has been a long time in the works but I am still building it and will start posting pic of the progress.

When I saw Canoga Park in part of the description mentioned I was interested to say the least. I lived maybe a half a block from the little cut off SP had, where dirt Canoga Ave ended right next to paved Canoga Ave?. It met back up with the Coast Line below Lassen Ave. Spent a lot time walking(hanging out)around that section of track from the 3rd grade to my late teens, this was back in the 70's-80's. I thought it would be cool for a small route to do from Chatsworth Park towards East Reseda maybe Van Nuys. It's one reason if I had the extra dollars to get TransDem(That and SP's Soledad Canyon Line). Anyways Good Luck and keep up the good work!
Dean
P.S. Not that it matters and I've probably killed another thread, but I was up at the Chatsworth station(platform) when Amtrak first started replacing the F40's in that area with the P32's and the first day Metrolink ran there(Christ I'm getting old) to take photo's.

Last edited:
Back