Menu to direct A.I. trains has changed

davesnow

Crabby Old Geezer
In TANE, if I wanted to stop an A.I. train (or give it other directions), I simply could click on the drivers face and use the drop down menu to do so:

In TS2019 this option is no longer available:

Can you please re-instate this tool in TS2019 please?

I just checked and you are correct (not that I would doubt you). It is a useful feature that I occasionally used to give a simple order or two "on the run" to a driver of another train. It would be useful to have it back.

Click on the eyeball on the far right of the driver image so you are focused on the correct train.

Bottom right where your speed dial is, is now the driver bar. Right click in there, your command to stop train, and others, are there.

Click on the eyeball on the far right of the driver image so you are focused on the correct train.

Yes, but that is how you change the focus to another train/driver, i.e. you jump into the cab of that train. What Dave and I are referring to is the ability to do some simple edits of other drivers commands while staying with your current driver and train.

I discovered by accident that if you ctrl-right click on the screen while in a loco, you'll get that menu as well.

I discovered by accident that if you ctrl-right click on the screen while in a loco, you'll get that menu as well.

Did not know that and a useful tip but you have to be in the loco of the train you are issuing commands to. You cannot issue commands to the driver of another train in TRS19 unless you are in control of that train.

Did not know that and a useful tip but you have to be in the loco of the train you are issuing commands to. You cannot issue commands to the driver of another train in TRS19 unless you are in control of that train.

Unfortunately yes.

Like Dave I used to use the old method a lot mostly to stop drivers when untangling a knot.

Yes, but that is how you change the focus to another train/driver, i.e. you jump into the cab of that train. What Dave and I are referring to is the ability to do some simple edits of other drivers commands while staying with your current driver and train.

Right - you need to focus on the train you wish to control first.

Right - you need to focus on the train you wish to control first.

Dang, man, we know that's the way it works in TS2019. What pware and I are trying to say is that PREVIOUSLY (in TANE) you didn't have to "focus" on the train in order to issue commands to that train (AI driver).

Dang, man, we know that's the way it works in TS2019. What pware and I are trying to say is that PREVIOUSLY (in TANE) you didn't have to "focus" on the train in order to issue commands to that train (AI driver).

Dang man, that's not the impression given. Apologies, was just trying to point out it could still be done.

Its all good! Its not a "showstopper" but it would be a "nice" feature to have again.

Yeah, but actually, what WOULD be nice is to not have to STOP an AI train to throw a switch in order that the train we are driving could proceed.

I agree the original Drive setup was much better.
In Build 97556 We now seem to have : Drive, Drive to Trackmark, Drive via Trackmark, Navigate to Trackmark, Navigate via Trackmark using the original setup interface
and Navigate to using a different setup interface. WHY ?

Also Im still testing the Merge function in Build 97556 which so far has been unsuccessful, just freezes or crashed to desktop. very unhappy !!!

PG

In Build 97556 We now seem to have : Drive, Drive to Trackmark, Drive via Trackmark, Navigate to Trackmark, Navigate via Trackmark using the original setup interface
and Navigate to using a different setup interface. WHY ?

That has not changed since build 96000. The answer is fairly obvious.

The "To Trackmark" and "Via Trackmark" commands are to a single object with no further options. The "Drive to [Industry/Station]" and "Navigate to [Industry/Station]" (if the latter is still present - I haven't checked) are to industries that may have multiple tracks or options. In TANE and before this required a separate popout menu that was not always easy to access. There were many occasions when that second popout menu would disappear before I could get to it - frustrating. While it is different and will take some getting used to, I do prefer the new method.

That has not changed since build 96000. The answer is fairly obvious.

The "To Trackmark" and "Via Trackmark" commands are to a single object with no further options. The "Drive to [Industry/Station]" and "Navigate to [Industry/Station]" (if the latter is still present - I haven't checked) are to industries that may have multiple tracks or options. In TANE and before this required a separate popout menu that was not always easy to access. There were many occasions when that second popout menu would disappear before I could get to it - frustrating. While it is different and will take some getting used to, I do prefer the new method.

I agree with you on the new method. What's cool too is now when you click on one of the commands while driving, you can update the destination easily and also just use that to see the destination to ensure the right industry platform/station platform is chosen. In the older versions it would just say the industry name, which was really helpful.

It took a tiny bit to get used to but now I like it much better than the old method that had been around since TRS2004.

Hi, I bought TRS2019 just a couple of months ago and didn't play much, but mostly downloaded, fixed outdated assets, etc. I haven't played Trainz at all before.

I'm starting a session where there are 10 trains and all these AI's. If I take control of one of the trains, the list of tasks disappears and I do not know what to do next.
Do I need to memorize the entire list of tasks for this train before switching control to myself, or is there some other way?

You can issue a "Stop" command to an AI controlled train - click the small chevron icon in the on screen driver command list and select the command Stop Train. This will suspend the driver commands for that train. You can restart them again by a click on the same chevron icon and select Continue Schedule.

You can issue a "Stop" command to an AI controlled train - click the small chevron icon in the on screen driver command list and select the command Stop Train. This will suspend the driver commands for that train. You can restart them again by a click on the same chevron icon and select Continue Schedule.
Oh, I didn't see what was in the most visible place again.
I thought that when you take control of the train, the list of tasks disappears without a trace. It turned out that after press three dots in the lower right corner of the screen, you can return the list of tasks at any time. I thought these three dots were just for changing the mode to simplified and back only.
Thanks.

Oh, I didn't see what was in the most visible place again.
... I thought these three dots were just for changing the mode to simplified and back only.
Yes, those "three dots" caused a lot of confusion when TRS19 was released but have now become second nature. However, I still would like the option of switching between the three dot modes without it automatically suspending any AI driver commands.

Yes, those "three dots" caused a lot of confusion when TRS19 was released but have now become second nature. However, I still would like the option of switching between the three dot modes without it automatically suspending any AI driver commands.
I agree, it would be much more convenient without automatic suspending.

And thank you for your wonderful TGR Fingal with sessions.

By the way, why is it extremely rare for everyone to make sessions? I noticed that there are more routes in DLS than sessions.
I've been playing RailWorks for almost ten years and it's the other way around.

Last edited:
Back