Maybe its just my game but...

Nibblesdembits

I keep getting the same error no matter what steps i take to correct the problem "This session cannot be used for multiplayer , some dependency's are missing and not available on the DL station"

Now with that being said, I have tried almost everything that i can find to fix the problem

Extended repair/restart
Manually downloading the assets ( and double and triple checking to see if they are there)

now i did however notice that the game will load them single player just not multi so what am i missing ?

Hi and welcome to the Trainz forum.

Let's start with the absolute basics: What build number of Trainz are you playing? You can find that number in the bottom right corner of the start-up window.

Sounds like you don't have the latest build, which is 61388.

Here you find a topic with links to the latest patches:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?107192-TS12-SP1-Hotfix-4-patch-is-now-available

However, I can also not find that build number in the latest patches list. Are you 100% sure you looked in the right location?
Start the game. In the 8-button window look in the bottom right corner.
Unless you have some special language version or the Steam version; that can also explain why I don't recognise your build number. If it is Steam, I cant help you.

ive read things saying that the steam version is....crap, multiplayer doesnt work, cant patch up to newest version, etc.
use this guide in the 3rd post to get off the steam version and onto an auran version, that should fix your problems.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=35046224

reference to steam version and multiplayer
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/archive/index.php/t-88682.html

note, this is a big workaround to a problem between auran and steam(valve). they dont seem to want to keep the same version game, or maybe auran doesnt want to pay to upgrade the steam download, who knows. either way, yoru gonna have to redownload, backup dls assets, uninstall, reinstall, and reinstall your backup dls assets.

reference to backup data
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?95955-Moving-my-trainz-data-to-new-computer

much luck! wish i could give a better option, but this was the whole reason i didnt get the steam version =/

It's not so much a pay to upgrade for Steam version, it's that Steam requires a special wrapper to be put around software that goes on their server. This extra work, and probably more coding becomes difficult for small companies, besides Steam may have changed something midstream which then forces developers to have to redo things over again. The latest updates from Steam are supposed to fix the multiplayer issue. I'm not totally sure, but that's what I recall reading somewhere in the forums here.

John,
I am a Steam user and much of what is said in the post above yours is simply wrong. The poster is posting links to threads that contain no official comments, just a bunch of hot head posts. The current build on Steam is SP1 but it does not include all the hotfixes yet. It works just fine with multiplayer routes hosted by users of the N3V versions as long as the assets match. That is the problem of the OP not anything to do with Steam. The same problem is seen between all versions of TS12.

William

I keep getting the same error no matter what steps i take to correct the problem "This session cannot be used for multiplayer , some dependency's are missing and not available on the DL station"

Now with that being said, I have tried almost everything that i can find to fix the problem

Extended repair/restart
Manually downloading the assets ( and double and triple checking to see if they are there)

now i did however notice that the game will load them single player just not multi so what am i missing ?
G'day Nibblesdembits, In the quote above the text in red is your problem. All assets for multiplayer MUST be either on the DLS or built-in and be unmodified.
A route like this can be used as single player but not MP.
Regards
Barrie

John,
I am a Steam user and much of what is said in the post above yours is simply wrong. The poster is posting links to threads that contain no official comments, just a bunch of hot head posts. The current build on Steam is SP1 but it does not include all the hotfixes yet. It works just fine with multiplayer routes hosted by users of the N3V versions as long as the assets match. That is the problem of the OP not anything to do with Steam. The same problem is seen between all versions of TS12.

William

well now...im sorry you didnt find my info helpful. but what i posted isnt wrong at all, it is the information that i could find to help the current problem. tbh, your post offers no help and returns the user back to the original problem.

John,

William

Thank you for clarifying that as I did not know that regarding the current status of the Steam version versus what's out there now on N3V.

John

Back