Max Memory Available for my Computer not Enough for T:ANE

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
So here's the problem:
The most powerful memory card for my computer is four gigs. Previously, my computer had four gigs, two gigs on the hard drive and the other two on the memory card. I just installed the memory card with four gigs and it bumped up the memory to six gigs. However, T:ANE requires eight gigs as a minimum. Strangely, my computer has only one slot on my computer, so I can't install anymore memory on my computer. Is there any way to get the extra two gigs I need to meet T:ANE requirements?

My computer's specs:
Processor: AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.60GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.45 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Widows edition:
Windows Edition 8.1

One more thing: Will the new memory card also increase my framerates? That would be a whole lot of help. Also, I got this computer mainly for gaming. I don't want to get a new computer, nor do I have the money to get it, to meet T:ANE requirements.

Last edited:
So here's the problem:
The most powerful memory card for my computer is four gigs. Previously, my computer had four gigs, two gigs on the hard drive and the other two on the memory card. I just installed the memory card with four gigs and it bumped up the memory to six gigs. However, T:ANE requires eight gigs as a minimum. Strangely, my computer has only one slot on my computer, so I can't install anymore memory on my computer. Is there any way to get the extra two gigs I need to meet T:ANE requirements?

My computer's specs:

Widows edition:
Windows Edition 8.1

One more thing: Will the new memory card also increase my framerates? That would be a whole lot of help.

It may help with the frame rates because there will be less lag on the system overall. More memory means the OS can get out of the way instead of fighting for space and causing increased page file usage.

Regarding the memory its self. Since you only have 3-slots and it appears you only have 1GB DIMMS installed plus the new 4GB, there's no reason why you couldn't go for all 4GB or all 8GB DIMMS to bring up your memory to a more helpful level. You'll need to check your motherboard online, or look for a user manual to find out.

John

Its apparently a mobile processor with HD 7660 gpu on it. Id check with your manufacturer(manual) and see if it supports one memory card with 8 gigs. Then id also check with windwalkr about how well the HD 7660 gpu will work for TANE. Does your machine support an add-on graphics processor(or swap out)? Im not a notebook guru, have only built\used Desktops.

So here's the problem:

My computer's specs:

Widows edition:
Windows Edition 8.1

One more thing: Will the new memory card also increase my framerates? That would be a whole lot of help. Also, I got this computer mainly for gaming. I don't want to get a new computer, nor do I have the money to get it, to meet T:ANE requirements.

I'm under the impression that TANE will run in 6 although 8 would be nice. For the moment wait and see what the final product needs, you never know it might even be demanding DirectX 12.

Cheerio John

Back