Maine Railroads

Makes me wonder how much longer will they be around?
Given transportation physics and logistics, railroads will be around for a long time, the fine details will vary, but it will still clearly be a railroad.
After all, we've found early attempts at running horsedrawn or human pushed wagons on wood rails as far back as the 1400s.

Even earlier there was in Ancient Greece,
The Diolkos was a paved trackway near Corinth in Ancient Greece which was used to transport boats across the Isthmus of Corinth. Instead of circumnavigating around the Peloponnese peninsula, ancient Corinthian ships were quickly transported across the Isthmus.
The Diolkos had two main uses. The first was the transfer of supplies and goods. In times of war it also became a preferred means of speeding up naval campaigns. Approximately 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 miles in length, it is certainly can be argued that it is the predecessor to the modern railway. Transportation across the Isthmus lasted from approximately 600 BC to 150 years after the birth of Christ.

Railways are simply too practical to vanish from human history.

At least not without some unforeseen and not yet imagined change in something somewhere.

After all ... even space age rocket science depends on trains ...

Last edited:
So many routes about this area, that we all could write our own novels about them. This is the first image from my 'New England Northern Railroad' and just used it for a discussion about changing the trees in Maine Central Portland Division/Part v2.
Dover%2C-New-Hampshire%27s-Trees.jpg

And turn around:
Trees-near-Dover%2C-New-Hampshire.jpg

UNFORTUNATELY, I HAD SOME MISSING FILES INCLUCING THE EDITING AND LOCAL FILES UNDER N3V GAMES. I don't know what happened and had to delete the GAME to have everything work again. I never bothered to check and see if the EDITING AND LOCAL folders were included, I made sure this time. AND NO EVIDENCE OF SAVED GAMES/ROUTES IN THE FILES.

Who knows that might be why some things didn't operate correctly.

I cannot recover missing files (no one can).

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY--I MAY HAVE TO START ANEW, BUT EVERYTHING SHOULD WORK.

Of we go..........

That was after accidentally deleting '
Maine Central Portland Division Part 2 v2.

To err is human to really screw up-you know the rest.

Back