Low but long Passenger enabeled platforms?

I was experimenting with the Config file of: Station Platforms 01 260m VSR "<KUID2:60850:22010:4>" and I managed to lower the platform by adding a "position" line under the "Mesh-Asset" line. I got the platform to an ideal height after some trial and error. Problem with that is now the tracks are below ground. I am wondering if I can add a "position" line somewhere in the config file to raise the tracks back to level ground.

I was experimenting with the Config file of: Station Platforms 01 260m VSR "<KUID2:60850:22010:4>" and I managed to lower the platform by adding a "position" line under the "Mesh-Asset" line. I got the platform to an ideal height after some trial and error. Problem with that is now the tracks are below ground. I am wondering if I can add a "position" line somewhere in the config file to raise the tracks back to level ground.
One hack deserves another. Perhaps hack the track used as well and offset it's height to get the proper relative position. Since you are creating a private asset anyway, in effect reskinning in heights, maybe just hack together a whole 'product line' (kuid series) of such adapted stations. Sounds like you're having fun experimenting. Wish I had the time for Trainz right now--beside on coffee breaks like this! Good luck. // Frank

You're going to have to change where the tracks attach to. This might be able to be done with PEV's Attachment Maker, but it's something I haven't done before, so you may have to edit the original mesh; which means contacting the original author.

peter

Easier way to file or directory compare using kdiff3

Hmmm, I'd guess if they aren't working well you might try some kitbashing--SNIP from way above -- found an easier method yesterday than this:

If you put a link to Kdiff3 (shortcut) into the Sendto folder you can open the one and manually load the path of the other in another folder, or rename them, move to same folder, then highlight both, sendto and see both side by side. Notepad++ will give you the full path spec by RMBh on the edit tab for the second path. With multiple tabs ([CTRL]+[TAB] to toggle back and forth between configs) rearranging the configs to equalize where tags and containers line up is a few minutes task--then you can focus only on the actual important differences. SNIP2 // Frank

Easier way to file or directory compare using kdiff3...
You can open the first using the sendto as above, the 2nd and third from other drives even just drag and drop into the apropos input line/window. Kdiff3 waits patiently while you give it something to compare.

Further found it quite good at comparing entire folders contents, and doing binaries. Had fun with it yesterday comparing a bad mesh with a update version to see the difference since the fault fix went sour--one of those mesh-texture mapping errors (...could not load texture, iirc).

Pretty sure it does a binary compare as a default first pass-- if comparing two text files the message says: "The two files are binary equal". If comparing directories, not just comparing filenames, but does a test on all matching files and tells you whether they are different. Also lists file counts in folders and subfolders, and graphically tells you which are unique, which mismatch, and which match... IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE! CM & TrainzUtil should be so fast! // F

You're going to have to change where the tracks attach to. This might be able to be done with PEV's Attachment Maker, but it's something I haven't done before, so you may have to edit the original mesh; which means contacting the original author.

peter
I think Attachment maker might do the job. You'll either have to set the new track attachment points well beyond the built-in ones' 'radius', or permanently attach an invisible track in the underground ones so the attachment point is disarmed if you set them up close to one another. Still contacting the mesh maker is a good way to go, if they're organized, should be able to gin up a raised attachment point with a fairly small edit. Just Wax enthusiastic about how much you like their station(s) and point out the exposure they get with dual meshes. They could update with both allowing users to pick the one needed or issue a new kuid series.

You still have to add the meshes to the mesh-table with your attachment point names, and get those into someplace else--PEV's Trainz Wiki post and the Attachment Maker tutorial glossed that part over, but checking the CCG pages there will generally best tell you what is mandatory. Then check the containers and tags in the N3V Wiki to verify nothing big has changed. Some optional tags have become mandatory with v3.4 and so forth.

Have fun! // Frank

Back