Looking for some ambient noises for routes

enginewhistle

On Hiatus
I'm looking for some ambient noises to use on routes. I would like to use an ambient sound of a mountain plains or some rural sound similar to that. Anybody know of any sounds like those?

I'm looking for some ambient noises to use on routes. I would like to use an ambient sound of a mountain plains or some rural sound similar to that. Anybody know of any sounds like those?

There's probably a variety of stuff on the DLS, and if so someone will hopefully post info on them in this thread.

Any sort of sound in particular you're looking for? I have several hours of recordings I've made in the New River Gorge that I've though about making available; sounds of a whitewater river echoing in a 1k foot canyon, babbling creeks, roaring waterfalls, distant train horns echoing, distant rumbles of traffic driving over old bridges, airplane flyovers, birds. crows, etc.

I also have tons of rural suburbia recordings. Some I have edited some down into soundscapes that are online such as Appalachian AM and Thunder and Chimes, and some individual sounds such as Airplace Flyover 2 and The Birds 1 (Loop). There's a few more example of separate sounds here. I could take some sound snippets and put them together into a loop...

Most of the sounds I've made can be d/l'ed and used (with attribution) for n/c use. And I can make more... I can record rural suburbia and rural (natural) stuff fairly easily nearby... just need an idea of types of sounds people can make use of.

Yes. Try using your favvorite search engine with "free soundscape" and the location (mountain meadow, bubbling brook, &c) as search parameters.

ns

Seing that cassette tape recorders/players are really cheep, and cassettes are easy to edit sound effects (by back tweaking, hand fine tuning the sprocket, with a toothpick), you could have many cassettes, ready for every scene.

There are quite a few on the DLS.

Some have foreign names and may may be difficult to find.

There are some really good birdsong and insect assets with ambient background sound made by java23. Search under his name, or kuid no:23299, where you will find seventeen examples (bet you didn't know that Pic Vert is a woodpecker!). Make sure you check the TRS2004 box.

They’re all good. I have a variety of them scattered all over my rural routes, some individually, others grouped closer together in combinations. They really make the scenes come alive.

Back