London Victoria to Brighton Mainline

Isaacg

Don't know if its a good time yet or not to advertise this. I was working on a layout of London Victoria Station and I got tired of having to switch out to Bing Maps every so often, sooooo... I decided to flip open TranzDEM and create a DEM for it. I was able to squeeze in the whole Brighton Mainline from London Victoria to Brighton. I have a bad habit of starting projects and not finishing them, but I DO hope to get this done someday :hehe:

isaacg_20110305_0045.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0037.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0043.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0040.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0038.jpg

Looks brilliant chap! Keep up the good work, I can just imagine the orient express heading out of the platform past battersby power station!
Matt

Eventually, the trackage will be changed to Bloodnok's 3rd rail track.

And Matt, here's your Orient Express ;)

isaacg_20110305_0097.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0101.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0103.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0067.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0070.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0081.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0084.jpg

isaacg_20110305_0090.jpg

Cab of an NSE Class 47... at the throat of Victoria Station

isaacg_20110306_0137.jpg

Queenstown Road Station

isaacg_20110306_0155.jpg

Heading towards Clapham Junction

isaacg_20110306_0170.jpg

Trackage is almost done between Victoria and Clapham, that's not including Clapham station's track layout.

Just a small point, but Queenstown Road has 4 fast tracks, not 3. It goes

Code:
------------------------------------------------------ DMS
------------------------------------------------------ UMS
------------------------------------------------------ DMF
------------------------------------------------------ UMF
----\------------------------------------------------- DW
-----\               Platform 3 ^ Platform 2 v
        \---/-------------------------------------------- UWS
---------/--------------------------------------------- UWF
                      Platform 1 ^ (disused)

Note, the Up Windsor Fast line is rarely used and most trains go through the Up Windsor Slow.

Just a small point, but Queenstown Road has 4 fast tracks, not 3. It goes

Code:
------------------------------------------------------ DMS
------------------------------------------------------ UMS
------------------------------------------------------ DMF
------------------------------------------------------ UMF
----\------------------------------------------------- DW
-----\               Platform 3 ^ Platform 2 v
        \---/-------------------------------------------- UWS
---------/--------------------------------------------- UWF
                      Platform 1 ^ (disused)

Note, the Up Windsor Fast line is rarely used and most trains go through the Up Windsor Slow.

Yeah, I noticed that from Bing maps. I've got to squeeze in and accomodate that line.

I've been reworking Victoria Station a bit... reskinned a few splines too

The Southern portion of the station looks a LOT better. It's taken me a few times to get the layout and everything right, but I think I've got it going in the right direction

isaacg_20110306_0210.jpg

isaacg_20110306_0099.jpg

isaacg_20110306_0195.jpg

isaacg_20110306_0197.jpg

Last edited:
UPDATE: Unfortunately, I have to do an Asset Database Repair(of the Extended variety)tonight/day. Hopefully sometime this month I will get to Clapham Junction track-wise speaking. I get carried away with scenery instead of extending the trackage further down, so it'll be a while.

This is so aggravating lol. I have to keep the computer on until its done and I can't very well just let it sit here even though I'm dosing over the keyboard trying to keep one eye open lol.

UPDATE: Just as I wrote this post, the ADR completed. Went to sleep to catch some Z's and came back and I have to do the ADR all OVER again... what pain in the royal backside lol

Last edited:
I think it's probably a good thing you get carried away with scenery building. I'm just the opposite. Give me a bit of time and I end up with a 100 mile long route with only trackwork and platforms. Even when I do get started on scenery, I sometimes get to a bit of trackwork I think's a bit off and re-do it.

I think it's probably a good thing you get carried away with scenery building. I'm just the opposite. Give me a bit of time and I end up with a 100 mile long route with only trackwork and platforms. Even when I do get started on scenery, I sometimes get to a bit of trackwork I think's a bit off and re-do it.

True, and you can get a vague idea of what it will look like.

I've replaced the FMA Steel Bridge with Vendel's Grosvenor Bridge model.

Yeah, that's a Southern 455/8. Its a reskin of WENs NSE units. I didn't really take the time to reskin it properly, the MSO and TSO need tweaking. The DTSO is alright though as from what I can see. Lol.

EDIT: I've already started on Clapham Junction, so we shall see how this works out.

You have taken on a beast of a route, you are very brave, Clapham will be a headache for you, but I have to say, your route is looking superb...

Keep up the great work

Joe Airtime

This look as if it's going to be great. I hardly ever download routes, all I have is ECML and my own things, but this one I am really looking forward to.
Keep it up!
Mick Berg.

Woooowwwww!!!!!! :eek::D
This looks awesome or dare i say 'looked'. I take it that you didnt get round to finishing it? Did you create another thread or has it really ended?:(

This is a very old thread but when I saw how much work and detail was put into this layout, I'm also curious to find out whether the route was completed.

I'm sure many others with a love for British railroads would also feel the same.

Cheers,
Roy

I have it in my head that Vendel started the same route.......hence all the FMA UK content he created.

I'm convinced he posted some screenshots of the route as well.

Last edited:
Back