London/Manchester/Euston

EverTrainz

Electric Blue
The output-lines of most UK major rail hubs, in the 1960s, were normally tracks running out of the station in clusters of either 6 or more. Now using prior knowledge and Google Maps, I've seen that most of the tracks leading into/out of the station are always either raised or lowered a good height from the actual city roads. There are roads or buildings that run right next to the wall. The adjacent road frequently crosses the railway track through a bridge, either on the top or bottom. I plan to simulate this scene for my first major railway station, using a lowered-track setup. I have the idea of using retaining-wall splines to make the sides of walls running next to the track, with 5 small suburban station in either direction. Now how I get the road to cross the tracks on top of the bridge, I don't know. I use girder bridge sides to make the road bridges, but it ends up not aligning right. But anyway, what buildings from 1960s UK major city buildings should I use? I have not the slightest clue on what the cities looked like, but more clueless, where to find a good building author like Clam1952 who has 1960 buildings.

Have a look at the LMR South 1960's (Twilight of steam) layout on the DLS. you may have to search the black pages.

Have a look at the LMR South 1960's (Twilight of steam) layout on the DLS. you may have to search the black pages.

Hi Guys, Thanks for the above post. Since I did a trip to the UK back in 2006, I got hooked on British Rail around Paddington, the Underground, District and some obsolete Branch lines. I also downloaded Glen1974 "Twilight of Steam" and was impressed with his layout. He has captured just what 'Evertrainz' could be looking for. A little bit of 'tweaking' here and there; some lineside cameras and it wasn't long before I had all lines running smoothly. Hope you enjoy as I have. Cheers, Roy3b3

Back