Locomotive transfer from MSTS to Trainz

In the digital copy, where can you find the serial number? And, I have MSTS and have a whole bunch of content, but I like UTC for right now because it is just plain easier to use. I think that TRS2010 will be the version I get, and I have seen cool videos of it and how there are realistic track sounds, and how you can even start locos up like in real life.

Last edited:
It will be provided in an email with your order details. With regards to sounds and loco startup, you may be disappointed though. Trainz is generally very lacking in the audio department (even in TS12 where N3V still can't even get proper stereo right) and locos with startup/shutdown are few and far between. Save for one JR unit, PhilC's payware and a handful of sophisticated Russian ones, most locomotives free or payware do not have startup scripts.

In the digital copy, where can you find the serial number? And, I have MSTS and have a whole bunch of content, but I like UTC for right now because it is just plain easier to use. I think that TRS2010 will be the version I get, and I have seen cool videos of it and how there are realistic track sounds, and how you can even start locos up like in real life.

You need to cool your jets on this whole MSTS to Trainz thing. I am a member over on Trainsim.com, and I've read all your posts over there about using Shape Converter to reverse engineer .S files...which means YOU DO NOT have permission from the original creator, and you DO NOT have said original Source Files.

What you are attempting to do is illegal, imoral and unethical. You need to be banned from BOTH forums immediately.

...and people think I kid about things like this........I predict a class 5 poo storm about to strike.

Permission is easier than being banned permanently.

Right now I am getting a new computer that I can run trainz 2010 on. It will be one of the first games I get. But, for right now I have msts and trainz and with permission I have tried to convert it. I converted the. Ace files and. S files but once I added the attachment points trainz doesn't want to cooperate and says it can't read the mesh file. I don't know. I have ac4400s and dash 9s and a few other locomotives I found but there is still a hole buch I would convert. Oh, and as long as I don't distribute it commercially it is perfectly legal.
jjstrainz

Last edited:
@JJstrainz, please, get a legitimate copy of Trainz, and register it. What you are talking about is illegal, and can cause you a BIG ban. You need to read the Code of Conduct.

Right now I am getting a new computer that I can run trainz 2010 on. It will be one of the first games I get. But, for right now I have msts and trainz and with permission I have tried to convert it. I converted the. Ace files and. S files but once I added the attachment points trainz doesn't want to cooperate and says it can't read the mesh file. I don't know. I have ac4400s and dash 9s and a few other locomotives I found but there is still a hole buch I would convert. Oh, and as long as I don't distribute it commercially it is perfectly legal.
jjstrainz

You are incorrect.

Reverse engineering (decompiling of source files) is a seperate issue from "commercial redistribution". You can not legally decompile (reverse engineer) someone else's software without their WRITTEN permission, even if you give away the end results for FREE.
--Also note, just because you don't intent to make money off it, you can also NOT give away someone else's original/repainted content (redistribute) without permission. (written permission is recommended)

AND, as has been mentioned, until you have a registered version of Trainz (considering you have already confessed your TS2006 can NOT be registred), you have no business discussing these types of topics...All you are doing is ruining your chances of anyone taking you seriously when you DO actually buy a legitamate copy of Trainz, because you already have a reputation as a trouble maker and possible Software Pirate.

You are incorrect.

Reverse engineering (decompiling of source files) is a seperate issue from "commercial redistribution". You can not legally decompile (reverse engineer) someone else's software without their WRITTEN permission, even if you give away the end results for FREE.
--Also note, just because you don't intent to make money off it, you can also NOT give away someone else's original/repainted content (redistribute) without permission. (written permission is recommended).

You can get quite silly about this, what a guy does in is own home with what ever software is his business as long as he dosn't DISTRIBUTE it. Now you can make all the noises you about reverse engineering something which is just putting through some kind of editor.

Take this as an example, you done load a route from the DLS now if you modify that route without permission in your own home for your own use in anyway you are by your definition a PIRATE. This can get all quite silly.

Cheers

Lots

JJstrainz,

It is highly suggested and recommended that you register your Trainz version. Without registration you are classed as a software pirate and will not receive help from the community. Registering your software also has the benefit of providing full support from N3V and full access to the Download Station with its more than 325,000 plus assets freely available for your own use in your creations.

If you have registered previously, and cannot remember your original login information, and or if you have trouble registering your software, contact the helpdesk. N3V support guys will be more than willing to assist you.

As far as importing content from another simulation. It is possible and allowed only if you use the assets for your personal use and do not distribute them without specific permission from the original author.

Thank you and regards,

John Citron
Moderator N3V Trainz forums

You can get quite silly about this, what a guy does in is own home with what ever software is his business as long as he dosn't DISTRIBUTE it. Now you can make all the noises you about reverse engineering something which is just putting through some kind of editor.

Take this as an example, you done load a route from the DLS now if you modify that route without permission in your own home for your own use in anyway you are by your definition a PIRATE. This can get all quite silly.

Cheers

Lots

He didn't say "for his personal use"...he said he will be giving them away for free...REDISTRIBUTING THEM.

I differentiated between "commercial redistribution" and "free distribution"...I never said he could not do it for personal use on his own computer.

And before you jump on me for "assuming" he will redistribute...If he never intended to share, he would not have made public posts and claims to "share" what he will be stealing, on at least two different Forums.

Hi,

I'd like to second AndreaLuigi's comments. If you really know how to use 3D modelling software like blender, know how to convert files from one format to another and are familiar with content creation for trainz, converting an existing model may or may not save time. A lot depends on the complexity of the model and the skill the original author.
If you are a beginner, still struggling to learn how to do it, starting from scratch is much easier. In other words conversions should be left to the experts. Such people are also experienced enough to judge whether an attempt is worth while.

Cheers,

Konni

JJ was asking about having installs on different computers, which the N3V servers will detect as different IP and/or MAC addresses. I have 3 separate TS12 on the same computer and they work fine. Heck, I can even be running TS12B and committing assets in TS12A and taking screenshots in TS12C all at the same time, because they use separate databases.

You can have Trainz installed on multiple computers as along as they don't all go online at the same time. I run a copy on my laptop when I travel, and have my main copy on my desktop. Works perfectly.

John

Back