Locomotive max speed setting?

perrybucsdad

I've noticed while playing around with various different sessions that I did not create but downloaded, my train will only go so fast in most all of the areas. This is with a fully unloaded consist of just a few cars. For example, I am currently using the Navigate To in TRS2019 and the train will only go 22MPH in a 40MPH area. This only happens when I use navigate to or Drive To/Via.

Is there a setting someplace that limits the top speed of the locomotive? Is there a way to allow the locomotive to use the full speed limit?

Hi,
The most likely cause is that the AI is seeing a red signal ahead. The loco will travel at full speed until it passes a warning signal, then it will proceed at half-speed towards the red signal. If the red clears, the loco will probably accelerate to the speed limit.

very often the red signal is caused by a junction that isn’t set for your route, so the signals are set to red until the train approaches, slows or stops while the AI sorts out the junctions…

you can edit a route to manually align the junctions, this may not work if there is other traffic.
alternatively, try adding the “set junction” commend to the session.

Apologies for the delayed response:-

Start with the route and then edit the session you're using...
Use the "edit menu" option (second left), then "edit session" option
On my S19 this brings up a list of Driver setup, Driver Commands, Cleanup derailed trains,
Select Driver commands (one click) then use the Add button bottom left.
expand the pop-up menu, then scroll down to "set junction", and use the tick button.
This adds the "set junction" command to the driver commands in that session.

You might find the "path rule" helpful.

HTH

Back