Unable to change track max speed.

Skylieden

The title explains itself. I have made multiple attempts to make the AI trains run faster than 43 mph but will only cap out at 43 mph. I have deleted every single signal, spent 5 hours updating every piece of track to "Perfect", I have also added speed posts every so often, and will not at all change the speed limit. I have even set the drivers max speed to 70 and refuses to even go past 43 for any locomotive or consist. Is there a setting I am unaware of? I have looked everywhere online and cannot find a single item making me believe I am the unfortunate one in the world to have this issue. I am losing my mind trying to figure this out.

The clue could be here ...

I have deleted every single signal

Without signals showing proceed placed within a certain maximum distance ahead of an AI controlled train it will automatically slow to a set speed, usually about half the line speed. I forget what that maximum distance, know as a "look ahead distance", is but it is quite generous (about 20-30km or more but I am guessing)

My first action would be to place signals along the track at regular intervals (say 1-2 miles) and repeat the experiment.

Back