Let’s try to estimate the current Auran Trainz staff

The golden business rule is :

"Ensure that you get repeat business"

Without repeat business you go bankrupt.

I have not considered buying trs2010 as the problems with trs2009 are still not solved. How can you build on a faulty foundation?

SO PLEASE...LOVE AURAN as much as you want, but you only destroy their creditability to always take their side, if you aren't 100% sure you are right and know it all!

ONE CAN NEVER ASSUME that a new customer can know it all....That is why it is IMPORTANT that each new customer get all information, easy and with no form for error....even if long term members know other ways to go around things!!!!

It seems your only problem is you forgot your password. That and you act like a eight year old. Sorry I tried to help despite your maniacal ranting. I won't make that mistake again.

William

The golden business rule is :

"Ensure that you get repeat business"

Without repeat business you go bankrupt.

I have not considered buying trs2010 as the problems with trs2009 are still not solved. How can you build on a faulty foundation?

Actually you are miss informed here. TS2010 is far better than TS2009 and solves many of the issues that were brought up in TRS2006 and TS2009. By ensuring stricter content quality control, the product is by far the most stable I have used. This is even with the infamous, or famous depending upon how you look at it, Speed Trees and the new way of doing things.

Remember this is by far a very complex program that in some respects rivals many CAD/CAM and graphic design programs. In fact, I think it goes beyond by offerering the scripting capabilities not found in these other platforms.

As much as people whine about Trainz, there are many good things with it warts and all. These problems are looked at slowly and ironed out as time goes by. What may seem like a priority to a few of us may not be to the programming staff because it does not impact the usabilty of a product for a majority of the users. In other cases, the bigger bugs escaped, but fixing them would mean a total rewrite at a time when the company can not afford to do so, so patching is done that hopefully fixes these mistakes for the majority of the users.

Now for my 2-cents, or as I should say 1.0009 cents given the value of the US Dollar these days.

I worked for a company the size of Auran. What we see is only a small portion of what goes on during a day-to-day basis. The people that we interface with, I think do so in the best manner they can considering the small size of the current staff. Remember they may have job titles and specific jobs, but they probably wear a lot of hats when it comes time to do so. Heck in my last job, I handled exports and imports, logistics, purchasing, order fullfillment, technical support, and my original job as IT support. My head would actually spin around as I jumped from fill orders and talking to sales dealers to inhouse server support because a fileserver decided to get some dodgy issue.

For the most part, I've worked in some aspect of customer service whether it's in-house IT support, or customer service dealing with dealers and end-users. Trying to put up a nice face to everyone gets tiring after awhile. This is when a badly needed time off is needed, but is not always possible. When you're there, people look for you, and when you're on vacation, people complain that they can't find you, and worse will hunt you down! Been there and done that! It's pretty bad when you end up getting pneumonia, or go into the hospital for thyroid cancer, and still get calls for support.

After putting up with this c***p for many years, I finally got a decent vacation that was more than only a few days. After some time, you want to hide and take vacations where no one can find you. My storm chasing trips are like that. I actually get 10 days of no phone contact other than me calling home. I can't be reached because of the poor cell coverage, so no computer connect, cell phone calls, etc. Aaww, too bad! I was actually able to get a night's sleep without someone paging me to go into the office for a problem. So in the end, give them the time they need when they are off.

I have to say too that I have never have had an issue with the support staff even going back to the heydays with Lance Jago, Greg, and John Banks. Everyone I have ever corresponded with, either via the old email system, or through the tickets has been very helpful. I think too that this has a lot to do with attitude. If you're pissy to the help staff, you're treated equally. Remember this when you're rude to a waitress or waiter in the restaurant..., or anyone else you may deal with.

John

John

It seems your only problem is you forgot your password. That and you act like a eight year old. Sorry I tried to help despite your maniacal ranting. I won't make that mistake again.

William

Sorry if that is all you have got out of my postings :'(

2.of january I bought Trainz2010 as download.
The game is paid through VISA.
Due to faulty email system are the game not delivered because;
There can't be sent a key.
There can't be sent information how to proceed.
I can't get pw so I can go into my order and see the key.
I can't get access to download of the game.
It has now gone 17 days!
I assume I am not the only one that experience this thing!
Last time I tried it out (this morning) the fault is still there.
I delivered a ticket 6 of January....no action...just silence.

So it is far more then me not getting a password!

(BTW I have been stupid enough, to buy the same game from Just Train, because my 12 year old Grandson wanted to have it, and it seems it is equal hard to explain this things for him, ) (BTW that transaction was smooth)

What I want, is to have contact with Auran, and a confirmation that the paid amount will be refunded voluntary.

If you as long standing member can fix that...I think it will be great...if not....maybe you should take the information, as a confirmation that not all works, like it is supposed to, on Auran, even if it works for some regulars.

Sry if people find me as quarreling, but maybe if you put yourself in the same shoe, you might find out why I do it.

Sorry if that is all you have got out of my postings :'(

2.of january I bought Trainz2010 as download.
The game is paid through VISA.
Due to faulty email system are the game not delivered because;
There can't be sent a key.
There can't be sent information how to proceed.
I can't get pw so I can go into my order and see the key.
I can't get access to download of the game.
It has now gone 17 days!
I assume I am not the only one that experience this thing!
Last time I tried it out (this morning) the fault is still there.
I delivered a ticket 6 of January....no action...just silence.

So it is far more then me not getting a password!

(BTW I have been stupid enough, to buy the same game from Just Train, because my 12 year old Grandson wanted to have it, and it seems it is equal hard to explain this things for him, ) (BTW that transaction was smooth)

What I want, is to have contact with Auran, and a confirmation that the paid amount will be refunded voluntary.

If you as long standing member can fix that...I think it will be great...if not....maybe you should take the information, as a confirmation that not all works, like it is supposed to, on Auran, even if it works for some regulars.

Sry if people find me as quarreling, but maybe if you put yourself in the same shoe, you might find out why I do it.

Edvin1aa,

Thanks for posting in the thread and I understand your frustration. You have made your point and hopefully the Trainz staff will correct your problems.

But..... the purpose of my starting this thread was to educate people as to the reasons for what many people view as less than perfect customer service.

Obviously, the reason is human resources, or, the lack of human resources.

So, let's help the Community understand that.... the current staff at Trainz is doing their best to maintain, correct and develop new products for the future.

Wishing all the staff at Trainz the best and thanks for doing the necessary things to keep Trainz alive.

Regards and have fun,

Last edited:
I agree with you...in no way am I complaining on those who deal with the tickets...or customer service at all.

The real "bad wolf" is the management that haven't control on the demand...that haven't control on the most important thing in any company...customer service....even if we can be a pain in the a** sometimes...after all we are those who pay their paycheck :cool:
....and I shall stop destroying your thread now...:eek:

I'm sure no-one here would mind the, uh, "intrusion" ;p

You do realize that we moved offices a while back, though?

chris

I knew that, it is that little rickety rusty shed in the back alley around the corner from your old place of location. Lots of airconditioning due to some loose fitting corrugated sheets :hehe:.

Just kidding mate :p.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Another Thread gone wrong

What a terrible shame that some people just have to try and rip someone else's remarks to pieces just because they think they are right and the other is wrong.Even if that is the case,there is no reason to be rude.Everyone is entitled to have their say.I noticed in particular that someone picked up on a spelling mistake,and another on the amount of newbies posting,and so it goes on.
Well just to make a point,my details show me as having joined in Dec2009,but in fact I have been a trainz member since the very early days.I have all the Trainz versions,(Ithink),but because of a SNAFU at Auran,I'm waiting for it to be rectified.
I guess the bottom line is, Make sure your not the one suffering from FOOT IN MOUTH DISEASE Before you post:p

Cheers Rusti

I knew that, it is that little rickety rusty shed in the back alley around the corner from your old place of location. Lots of airconditioning due to some loose fitting corrugated sheets :hehe:.

Actually, the new place is a much nicer office building than our old shack. It's just a pity that it's 40 minutes extra driving in the morning ;)

chris

Just kidding mate :p.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Herb ... you mean this one!? :hehe:

little_shed.jpg

I trod on Chris's toes once before so I do apologise for missing him. My reason for doing so is probably the reason why many others are not aware of his presence: He tends to write more on technical issues aimed at content creators from what I can see. I don't have any problems with that at all, but content creators are not the only ones with problems in these forums.

Secondly, he could write a thousand posts a day on Trainz Dev, but as Trainz Dev is supposed to be for Trainz Developers, who I assumed were the nerds amongst us (no offence implied), I for one don't visit there very often.

I'm referring to mainstream stuff. Questions that never get answered except from the rumour mungers. Tutorials that should be written and User guides that are long overdue. If you develop a complex product like Trainz, the only way you will keep people happy, is by providing them with the ability to use it effectively.

The patient ones find their way here and ask questions that have often been answered 50 times before. 99.999% of those questions are answered by other Trainz users. Take them out of the equation and contribution from Auran is all but Zilch.

If I'm wrong, please show me where all the stuff Auran has contributed since the release of TS2009 is hidden, I'll gladly publish links on my web site, but this is all I've been able to find and most of it goes back to Trainz Classics and beyond:

Link
I have to agree whole heartedly with my fellow Queenslander,things are a slipping as has been made clear here in the Forums.Once upon a time if you got a bit hot under the collar and said the wrong thing you got a warning then a repeat had you out for a while.Now certain members spend a lot of their time flaming each other,and I for one think its very childish.

Its time Auran upgraded their staff list, certainly at least the moderators and its time that they clearly state their direction of movement,in the future.

I have purchased (I believe) every version that has come out, and I agree with sirgibby that 2010 is probably the best yet.However having said that,I will be looking closely to see what Auran's plans are for the future,because as has been stated elsewhere,the older games are virtually useless and I will need to be convinced that any future releases will be of benefit to 2010.

I still have TRS2004 loaded and still get a giggle out of it when stacked up alongside 2010.

Rusti:p

Its time Auran upgraded their staff list, certainly at least the moderators
Couldn't agree more.
There was a time when over-zealous mods liked to dish out warnings for the most ridiculous reasons, and we've gone from one extreme to the other where things are left to get out of hand way too often.

I also agree with the fact that TS2010 is the best version so far, easily, but it's matched with the fact that Auran (IMO) are the least community-minded company.
It seems we can't have a good company with a good product at the same time. :)

There might be those people who say that there are many companies who aren't in the least bit community-minded.

The truth is that you wouldn't expect staff from most companies to participate in the forums when there wasn't a product due for release, but Auran are lesser than them in my books simply because of their previous high standards of community interaction.

Simply put, other companies were never any good at it, and Auran used to be, so they've let themselves down. :p

Smiley.

Back