Last time for me.

Jayco-man

I'm getting a little tired of having to redo my route every time they do an update. Now I've got to go back over my hole route and re do stuff that got messed up from the update, if this happens again, I'll probably through in the towel.

What do you mean?

You didn't update the released version of TRS22 with the beta?

Always, always have backups and always set up a separate install if you are doing any kind of testing.

I had very little issues if any at all when I updated and my oldest route is now going on 19 or 20 years old this year.

You didn't update the released version of TRS22 with the beta? :ROFLMAO:
Always, always have backups and always set up a separate install if you are doing any kind of testing.
Backups, there's always time to do them tomorrow, after the crash. And a separate testing install - where's your sense of adventure, the thrill of living on the edge?

I'm not sure I know what you mean by backups. Do you mean save it again under another name?

I'm not sure I know what you mean by backups. Do you mean save it again under another name?
Backups. There are two kinds.

1) In Content Manager, export your personal routes and sessions to CDP files.
2) Copy your full data-folder to another hard disk.

The CDPs are good for backups when working on routes and sessions. I use them to backup before making major changes and believe me, these have saved my butt more than once.

The other kind of backup is a good thing to have in case your internal hard disk crashes. They also work for test data since they save the time of copying over your current data to a new folder and configuring that. All you do is take the backup and restore that to a new location and then connect the test-version to that and run a DBR. There are different schemes you can use such as a full backup followed by incremental backups in between. I use a full done monthly with incremental backups (a differential backup) done in between. In the olden days when I worked in MIS and then IT, this was done to tape and we sent the tapes to an outside repository such as Iron Mountain.

In general, backups are important and are the most neglected thing anyone can do when using their computers. A backup of data is most important because programs can be reinstalled from online or local disks, but personal data cannot and once gone is long gone into bit heaven. Recovering from a failed disk may be possible but that's very expensive, and the scary part is SSD devices die suddenly usually without warning, although increasingly poor performance is a sign of failure, but once they die, they're dead and the chances of recovering data from one of this is usually on the sketchy side closer to nil.

1.) Anyone who owns a computer should be doing full backups. With cost of disks/SSD these days it's inexusable not to have software that does automatic full disk backups at least overnight. (By full backups I mean generally, all data files. Typically all "user" files, but most software allows you to chose what to backup.)
2.) There is also also a "Bootable Backup" of your disk. A Bootable backup is a "clone" of your entire disk including all system partitions and such. A Bootable Backup is just what it says.... "bootable."

Last edited:
Back