Kuju Rail Simulator Demo at GameShadow

I made a video on the demo. It seems like a combination of both Trainz and MSTS.Which I'm not complaining about.:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qid8S5FkrEA

In fact, I kinda like it. Not to the point where'd I'd be like "OMGRAILSIMULATORISTHEBESTBIEBIETRAINZANDMSTS!!*throws them in the trash." But it adds variety.

Thats proberly one of the best videos ive seen.
Are you useing different camera angles? or you moveing the camera manualy?

Just wish we stop hearing all the negitive posts to.

I agree. Some are boring now, always the same old song. The more i use the Railsim editor, the more i discover nice and powerfull features, not present in Trainz. This is certainly not the right place to gather reliable information about RS. Some are not objectively criticising, they simply want to bury RS. At RS forum, there is far more respect, so that is why it is not allowed to mention Trainz. I like Trainz too, but if i didn't i would certainly not ridiculize it the way they do it here, hey mods? Some peeps should learn to respect others preferences, instead of writing a bunch of stupidities, discouraging people and telling them what to do with their money.

So long :wave:

Last edited:
My initial impressions from the demo is...it plays very similar to MSTS. (it was made by the same guys) anyway...I really, really enjoyed the Steam engine sound effects, alot better than most in Trainz. I like TRS alot, I still work in it alot. I enjoyed the driving experience, which you really don't get in trainz for the most part. Being a North American player, I won't get a chance till January to see how the editor works out and what not. I have heard numerous reports of bugs and what not. Like it was mentioned before, This simulator will add depth to what is out there. It has its pros and cons, same as TRS.

It took me forever to get the hang of the British Rail Black 5 (I hope thats the class name):D It took me even longer to figure out that the regulator and brake lever were combined :wave:

Thus far it seems that's good and bad points ... thus far it seems nothing has change ....

As for me the bottom line is flexibility.

I feel trainz dropped the ball when they went toward the module direction. Perhaps that's why these other trainz simulations might have a slight edge over trainz, because Auran got lazy on trainz. but nevertheless, the more things seems to change, in terms of, other trainz simulations hitting the market place, the more things stay the same ...

I am going to sit back, make a wish, and hopefully next year something amazing comes out ....

Knock knock ................................. Auran, ever heard of RSP??!!!:hehe:

2 cent though, take it for what its' worth:)

I wonder why. ;)

You like it?, tell us; you don't like?, tell us too. So simple.

Haven't you heard about the celebrated TRS2006 Whingers & Sunblowers thread on the old Forum? RS has whining and sunblowing sides too.

Knock knock ................................. Auran, ever heard of RSP??!!!:hehe:

Ishie, my friend, for sure they have. :p Currently they are laughing at RS outcome... 'Much adoe about Nothing' by Billy Kujuspeare :hehe:

Take care,

Alberte ;)

Last edited:
Hi peeps

I downloaded Railsim demo yesterday as well, and quite honestly I really liked it. (Steam in TRS turns me off)!! I will certainly get it soon, as the sound, graphics and general diving experience is very good. (Just need to find out how to get the Signs off!)

TRS is good too (in it's own way) especially in surveyor, but if like me you are useless graphically then this leaves the driving experience, which rather lets it down. I refuse to go along the TC route anymore as, except graphically, is worse than 2006.

But, hey, this is my personal opinion and your own likes/dislikes belongs to you.

Chris

To...Mike10

sigh......

Sarcasm is so beautiful, and even more than that when it is misunderstood.

Regards,
Ron

Originally Posted by Antarctic_Railroad
I agree. Some are boring now, always the same old song. The more i use the Railsim editor, the more i discover nice and powerfull features, not present in Trainz. This is certainly not the right place to gather reliable information about RS. Some are not objectively criticising, they simply want to bury RS. At RS forum, there is far more respect, so that is why it is not allowed to mention Trainz. I like Trainz too, but if i didn't i would certainly not ridiculize it the way they do it here, hey mods? Some peeps should learn to respect others preferences, instead of writing a bunch of stupidities, discouraging people and telling them what to do with their money.

Well i dont want to be negative but what did you discover for features in RS that Trainz dont have.
And what do you expect in a Trainz forum, an great welcome for RS when alot of peeps call Trainz toy like with no good physics? Also at the moment i can build and do all i want in trainz. Before i can do that in RS i need to wait for maby 2 years. When do you expect that you can build french, spanish, russian, etc routes in RS when there is no licence yet for a plug-in so that peeps can bring there freeware for RS? Strange that a company like EA not aranged a licence for a plug-in. So the dev tools are not compleet yet and there is also no date when it will be.

read this thread and you know what i mean.
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=76471
Greetz laika:wave:

Sure Trainz is also not perfect and need some real improvements like the framerate and sound as example.
And look at the add-ons made by BSI when some peeps dont believe that trainz hasn't got the good Physics and driving experience. These add-ons are made on the Trainz concept and only German(PTP) and i tryed 1 and its great with great futures that let you see what Trainz really can do
http://www.bluesky-interactive.com/ptp/addons.html

Last edited:
Thanks to this thread I downloaded the Demo (mmm, 498 meg....) and was pleasantly surprised having been following the comments by Trainzers in the two threads on RS.

I see that it can be purchased and downloaded for £29.99, but presumably an even bigger download, so went off to PC World and paid their £5 extra for a disk copy.

Shock, horror, etc, you have to play with the disk in, which I hate and have thus avoided Just Trains for all my Trainz versions. How come RS can be bought as a download version-do you have to burn to a disk or always play connected to the net? (also a serious question, anybody know yet)?

Also I thought the disk was faulty as it keeps re-running the opening slider about configuring dot net settings.... Restarted computer once because this seemed to be a fault, but it still did the same but did eventually install.

So far (very early days obviously) I like it. Bear in mind I have almost every train simulator ever available......and given that I have just below 100,000 Trainz assets on my HD, my committment to TRS will continue. Others report RS as buggy, but as a user of Trainz since before it was on sale in the UK it's hardly a fair criticism of an opposing product is it, or are memories really that short!

It remains to be seen whether RS will ever be able to match the database of freely available content that Trainz has, thanks to the generosity and skill of the many, many Trainz users that I have to thank for my Trainz experiences.

I do feel Auran have stepped back a lot from supporting and improving TRS in the past couple of years, and have yet to be convinced that I should buy Classics, so some healthy competition may not be a bad thing. Come on Auran, we need at least another SP. Many Trainzers have not migrated from 2004, which says something.

I do take issue with the assertion on the back of the RS box that it's a product "...from the pioneering team that shaped the world of train simulation." Trades Description Act offence here me thinks, but there you go!

Agreed! I really dislike PC World (but their lack of knowledge on matters computer can lead to some good buys for a discerning shopper, so I look in from time to time). Our nearest large Tesco doesn't yet have it,( nor did Game) so my impulse buy had to be satisfied at PCW!

Shock, horror, etc, you have to play with the disk in, which I hate and have thus avoided Just Trains for all my Trainz versions. How come RS can be bought as a download version-do you have to burn to a disk or always play connected to the net? (also a serious question, anybody know yet)?

Yes, I know because I tried to use this method. You have to have a downloader manager from EA as well or you can not run the simulator. EA only promise to keep the download version of Rail Simulator available for 2 years. After that, you're on your own.

I wonder why. ;)

You like it?, tell us; you don't like?, tell us too. So simple.

Haven't you heard about the celebrated TRS2006 Whingers & Sunblowers thread on the old Forum? RS has whining and sunblowing sides too.

Ishie, my friend, for sure they have. :p Currently they are laughing at RS outcome... 'Much adoe about Nothing' by Billy Kujuspeare :hehe:

Take care,

Alberte ;)

Indeed my good friend!!! :wave:

I got Kuju Rail Simulator in the mail today. I ran the four different routes. I tried to create a new route but I got confused and I had problems. I wish there is a tutorial on creating new routes in KRS. When I create junctions (track switches in USA) in KRS, points, frogs, and guard rails are automatically created. Why not Auran Trainz?

Can someone here help me? I just downloaded the Rail Simulator demo and everytime I'm about to start it a message comes up saying there is an error.:( :'( :':)'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :(

Last edited:
Back