Kuju Rail Simulator Demo at GameShadow

jeffmorris

I found out that Kuju Rail Simulator demo is available at Game Shadow. I downloaded it and installed it without any problems. I ran the demo without any problem but it ran for 10 minutes. I fear that I may abandon Trainz for Kuju Rail Simulator.

I found out that Kuju Rail Simulator demo is available at Game Shadow. I downloaded it and installed it without any problems. I ran the demo without any problem but it ran for 10 minutes. I fear that I may abandon Trainz for Kuju Rail Simulator.

Its not worth abandoning Trainz thay both have good things and bad things about them.

No i havnt ive just givin trainz a rest for a couple of months.

Its not worth abandoning Trainz thay both have good things and bad things about them.

No i havnt ive just givin trainz a rest for a couple of months.

I agree with overmars, RS is nice but there is a big learning curve and it does need a patch or two to make it better, but there is no way I would abandon Trainz for it considering the investment I have in it amongst other reasons . Auran may have made mistakes in the past ( and probably will in the future ) but there is no denying that they have a sim that is very powerful and easy to use ( most of the time :) ).

Anyway I am looking forward to TC3 as well as what comes out of RS.

John

Last edited:
Just what I need....another Rail Sim to try to catch my eye. I'm at that point where I don't even try to strike a conversation with a pretty lady....what's the point? Just another build up of anticipation...of what "could" be, followed quickly by frustration, disappointment and heartbreak.

I'll stay with "The Devil I Know".
Ed

Just what I need....another Rail Sim to try to catch my eye. I'm at that point where I don't even try to strike a conversation with a pretty lady....what's the point? Just another build up of anticipation...of what "could" be, followed quickly by frustration, disappointment and heartbreak.

Ed

Ed...or you could wait for the MS version in a year....or maybe not...wonder how often the file types will change.

As a pensioner bit fed up waiting so looks like trs2004 and the Stentec sail sim, maybe TC3.
Are you a pensioner yet:p

Barry
:)

I'm pretty interested in this game for the main fact that it's another train sim.

I'm not saying I will completely abandon trainz, but this game woiuld give me variety.

It seems that you need to download a download manager of some sort first. I've tried this demo (even though I have RS on order, but I'm impatient, it took Game 3 days to start shipping!) and with the shadow detail on "Low" and all other graphic settings on "Medium", I get 20-30 FPS, compared to getting 10-20 FPS in TRS.:hehe: Physics (when you are close to derailing), I can say are a bit odder (and from my POV a little cooler) than Trainz's, the loco even sort of "jumps" when you hit your coaches a bit too hard. (Or another train.) And if you round a corner a bit too fast, the loco tilts on its side.

P.S. I was talking about when you're close to derailing. Not anything else, I don't know how fast doors are supposed to close, or about braking and accelerating. You can't really blame me, I'm only 11.

Last edited:
Hi,

Hmm Physics are better then Trainz. Well i don't think so. As a real traindriver in RL all i can say the physics of braking trains accelarating etc are not better then Trainz. Well trainz has in my opinion the best Physics when u use the good scripted trains like the EN 57 as an example. You can even switch on the battery and compressor, etc. Also braking and accelerating are alot better then the stock in RS. Look how fast doors are closing in RS:hehe: . Also when you are driving a junction in the wrong direction even with 10 km/u you got a massive accident in RS. No way this happens in RL. This game need alot of patches. I tryed it a couple of day,s and in this state then i prefer Trainz alot more. Most peeps only look at GFX these day,s. All other points like signaling etc that is also bad in RS(red after a green signal) dont bother alot of peeps i think. So when GFX are great mostly alot peeps say its a great game. Even the dev. tools are not completed, while alot of things are not cleared out yet.

Greetz laika:wave:

Last edited:
I know of one Trainzer that was given 6 copies of the new Railsim, (his friends dont communicate), he installed one, and gave up after a few hours, Trainz was the winner for ease of use and a few other things that he was involved in.

I think all you pessamistic Trainzers should give Auran the benefit of a lot of work, their backroom boys are probably V busy at this time, and the next release will be a true broadside that will blow Kuju and MS sims well out of the water. They do listen to what you say, and make notes, so I would guess a lot of points will be addressed in the next major release.

As I have said before ..... watch this space ... Trainz is and always will be the best overall user friendly sim

Ed

Ed, my good friend ... that last quote is so funny!! :wave: :) :D

Ishie

Ed, after sensing your "relational state of mind" from your post above, I am convinced your current signature is unnecessary.:hehe:

Jim

I ordered RS from Just Trains store last night. After waiting about five minutes for their website to process my order, I got "Server Error" message. I went back to the order page and tried to order again but I got a message saying that my order was already processed. I tried to check my account but I couldn't remember the password. This morning, I got an E-Mail message saying that my order was shipped. I hope that I get the package.

Rail Simulator is a good driving experience, but it has nowhere near the flexibility or ease of use of Trainz. As it stands, you can't even delete your experimental routes/scenarios.

Rail Simulator is a good driving experience, but it has nowhere near the flexibility or ease of use of Trainz. As it stands, you can't even delete your experimental routes/scenarios.

You can if you use Mike Simpsons RSbintools program, though it should have been in the main program that for sure.

John

Thanks for pointing out the demo. I have been anxious to see what all the talk was about and I have to agree with many here. From the demo, the game does very little to impress me. The scenery and trees are nice, but all the teaser screenshots they gave us of the Steiner loco.....well they are very misleading. I have seen many much better steam locos for TRS. Besides, they did not even animate the valve gear correctly. I was hoping for better steam sounds than what we have in TRS, well they really arent any better.

Granted this is just the demo, but I am no hurry to rush out and buy it.....
Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards
Shane

Back