JR's EOTS

Its been pretty clear in the freeware release thread but we'll toss it in here again. First of all you must have the EOT files and such AND the TFX v1.32 installed. Without that you wont have any luck.

They currently only come on certain cars, namely the ones we have JUST released ( check latest releases such as the CSX and BN 50' ACF Boxcars for instance. Drop those cars in game in a session, right click on View Detail and select Attach EOT. You now have an EOT.

To apply this to other JR rolling stock you'd need to do some config editing. Check out any of the BN 50' ACF Boxcars to see how its setup in the config then apply that to your other cars.

THANK YOU, Ive asked this 4 times already and no ones given a straight answer.

who did you ask?

The answer was given in the release thread. These are on the last rolling stock items we just released. I will be making a simple 'fake' rolling stock item much like the other EOTs in trainz for either cars not using TFX or for cars that can not be modified to use it. In the mean time, other JR cars will probably have this added as an update at some point.

Sorry meant three times. I asked twice in the thread on how to modify other cars and I asked the Rrmods guy as well.

Its been pretty clear in the freeware release thread but we'll toss it in here again. First of all you must have the EOT files and such AND the TFX v1.32 installed. Without that you wont have any luck.

They currently only come on certain cars, namely the ones we have JUST released ( check latest releases such as the CSX and BN 50' ACF Boxcars for instance. Drop those cars in game in a session, right click on View Detail and select Attach EOT. You now have an EOT.

To apply this to other JR rolling stock you'd need to do some config editing. Check out any of the BN 50' ACF Boxcars to see how its setup in the config then apply that to your other cars.

Why thank you every much, keep up the good work!

ps. Sorry I don't look into the freeware/payware threads to often, but now I guess I should.

Last edited:
Sorry meant three times. I asked twice in the thread on how to modify other cars and I asked the Rrmods guy as well.

ok - ONE time

JR does NOT support this, so pleae dont send my support guy questions on how to do this, it just isnt nice and you will only get a message saying we dont support it.

first make sure the item in question is using TFX. If it isn't, then nothing I put here will make any difference.

open the item for edit and in the mesh table enter:

Code:
eot_f
  {
    mesh-asset                          <kuid2:45324:25503:1>
    mesh                                "atx/eot_f.im"
    auto-create                         0
    att                                 "a.limfront"
    att-parent                          "body"
    effects 
    {
      blink 
      {
        kind                              "corona"
        att                               "a.light"
        texture-kuid                      <kuid2:45324:10101:1>
        object-size                       0.15
        frequency 1.1
        wave-shift 0.5
        max-distance 2000.0
        mul-distance 150.0
        max-size-mul 10.0
      }
    }
  }

eot_r
  {
    mesh-asset                          <kuid2:45324:25503:1>
    mesh                                "atx/eot_r.im"
    auto-create                         0
    att                                 "a.limback"
    att-parent                          "body"
    effects 
    {
      blink
      {
        kind                              "corona"
        att                               "a.light"
        texture-kuid                      <kuid2:45324:10101:1>
        object-size                       0.15
        frequency 1.1
        wave-shift 0.5
        max-distance 2000.0
        mul-distance 150.0
        max-size-mul 10.0
      }
    }
  }

then in the kuid table put:

Code:
red <kuid2:45324:10101:1>

if you did this correctly, then you should get the option to attach the device to the car.

note: there are at this point 3 models for the EOT. one is for regular couplers, one is for shelf couplers, and another is for regular couplers that have the a.limfront/a.limback attach points set at zero level.

And here's the proof!

JohnnyC1_20150312_0000_zpsf6crjkqr.jpg

On Dave Snows Trinity 17600 gal Tank Car.

John

Why not make them attach to all railcars ...why do they only work, with only certain rail cars ?

Isn't that like making a loco only work with certain railcars ?

Why not make them attach to all railcars ...why do they only work, with only certain rail cars ?

I agree. They should work on all North American stock regardless.

There are some that are train cars that you can attach, but they are a bit of a pain. You need to set them up, individually, as consists and place them on the track, flip them around and couple them. It's easier to forget them as it's too much of a bother when there are a ton of trains which are coupled and uncoupled. So having a script that can be added to all train cars automatically and easily would be ideal.

John

How about just making an invisible adapter that the Fred can couple to, and that adapter can couple to any ordinary railcar coupler ... then you just hook both the Fred and the adapter up ... The other Freds on the DLS work just fine.

I'l always be running a caboose on the end of my trains ... at one time there were 5-6 man crews on trains

Last edited:
Maybe it could be possible to have an EOT that could disappear when not coupled, and then have an invisible track or a marked yard to to store them.

They can work with any railcars - if the appropriate config items are added. It isn't really my place to add them to everyone else's cars however.

I agree. They should work on all North American stock regardless.

There are some that are train cars that you can attach, but they are a bit of a pain. You need to set them up, individually, as consists and place them on the track, flip them around and couple them. It's easier to forget them as it's too much of a bother when there are a ton of trains which are coupled and uncoupled. So having a script that can be added to all train cars automatically and easily would be ideal.

And being script controlled as they are it isnt possible to automatically add them to any car. This way it is possible to add the EOT as a details interface option and not have it on say traincars from earlier times when it would be inappropriate.

How about just making an invisible adapter that the Fred can couple to, and that adapter can couple to any ordinary railcar coupler ... then you just hook both the Fred and the adapter up ... The other Freds on the DLS work just fine.

Because I was intentionally trying to avoid using the EOT as another traincar as all the others do.

While I do think it'll be a good idea to make the option of having that extra "EOT Car" available, I know I'll never use it..... Personally, I think what NS37's done is great. Yea, ok, its not perfect... Its a new system... And our entire hobby is rarely perfect. As this system proliferates however there will be less "Oh Em Gee, this car doesn't do the EoT thing! But I hatez Digging out another car for an EOT!"...... Just gotta give things time. And he was even nice enough to post the script you need to add to any perspective cars you really want to modify......

At the end of the day, Thanks Mr NS37,
Falcus

... Because I was intentionally trying to avoid using the EOT as another traincar as all the others do.

I use AI Brake all the time, as it is invisible ... if an adapter was made, or if I could clone AI Brake, and modify it so the the Fred clips to it, tat would work great ... as you could hook up a bunch of "ready to go" Freds, just like the RR puts new batteries in them on a Fred holder stand.

What config file tags would I place in an AI Brake to make the Fred couple to it ?

ow can I tell if a railcar is using TFX ... or if is not compatible with the Fred ?

Last edited:
I have planned to make an invisible traincar asset with the EOT on it, much like the usual ones available on the DLS but it will not some of the features of the scripted one (appearing on the correct end of the traincar, removing itself when coupled - but it should still be able to light when appropriate and make the eot sound). I dislike the idea of having a fake traincar on the end of the train that can get in the way of many other things, but some of you are used to that and have requested it.

Back