Curious about similar assets

UnionPacificFan1005

ignore user, GTW foamer
So before I start this, let me preface by saying this post isn't accusing anyone of stealing/ripping off meshes. I'm just curious about something I'm noticing here.

So I went in to do some route building today, and while browsing through AM's suburban houses, I realized that these look very similar to the houses put out in a pack by JR... like identical down to the AC units on the side of the house.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And while I was poking around about this, I saw something else. Some of MSGSappers industrial buildings look identical to JR's industrial buildings.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

So what's up with this?

There's nothing nefarious as far as I can tell.

Approach Medium and Jointed Rail worked together, so there's a possibility that these assets were created by him for Jointed Rail.

To add to what John has said, there is nothing to stop multiple people making models of the same thing. It would be a poor game if there could only be one version of say a real life locomotive or rolling stock. As long as you don't use someone else's work without permission then everything is cool.

I don't mean particularly above shown, but also some Trainz assets may be generated by several authors from free 3D models, available on the net...

I don't mean particularly above shown, but also some Trainz assets may be generated by several authors from free 3D models, available on the net...
That would explain it. The thing that really struck me about it isn't just the shape, but also the kind of "styling" with the textures was overwhelmingly similar.

Also, there are others who take outdated assets and update them for newer versions. For example, jjeff1955 has updated a ton of assets from earlier versions, always with the original creator's permission. Not only can you check the poly counts, but check the version as well.

Don't confuse jeff1959 with jjeff1955, those are two totally different beings... :-D :-D

Thank You JAGG for clarifying that.:)
jjeff1959 is a friend of mine on Discord, and he is a route builder.
I mainly do the asset updates for the older content with permissions.
Cheers.

Some of these 3D models can be purchased from 3D modelling sites so some creators like jr and MSGSappers go to these sites to buy, do some work in a 3D modelling program and import it into Trainz.
The buildings that OP has are models that I saw on a 3D modelling site that you can buy.
Also worth to note that TRS22 N3V has purchased the same house models in the first pic.

Cheers

Back