Jons Invisible Road Adapter work in Progress

jjeff1955

These adapters were created by Madeline Usher/Maddy25 to simulate the Traffic from a one Lane connecting Merge Ramp to a Highway adapter back into a 2 Lane ongoing Traffic flow.
Thanks Maddy!

I can not make a Visible Lined Spawner, or Generator a visible line in Surveyor like I have done for the regular invisible roads for some weird reason, as it will not disappear in Driver.

If I make it Visible in Surveyor only, and it becomes invisible in Driver the Traffic will not spawn, or generate Traffic as it follows the rule of the Surveyor only container in the config file.

I had a hard issue of trying to get the Traffic to flow in the correct directions, and Lanes with these invisible roads, but I have discovered that Maddy had done some neat editing of certain invisible roads to have different properties of what lanes the Traffic uses.

Also a note of the crazy Traffic always trying to pass, or tailgate other Cars on the roads is built-in to Trainz, I am hoping the Developers will eventually get around to creating better Traffic simulations.
If any traffic spawners, or generators that are 35 mph and below the Carz do not try to pass one another, anything above 35mph they will start to use the passing programing that is built into Trainz.

I do know that this is not a Traffic Simulator, but it would be very cool to see proto typical Traffic actions along with the Trainz.

I will try and make a complete tutorial when I get these sorted out of how to with the invisible road kits.

Naming Conventions
NT= No Traffic is Spawned, or Generated.
TR= Traffic will Spawn, and Generate on these Roads.
Adapter= Merging one lane into two lanes.
Generator= Traffic will spawn or Generate One, Two, or Three, lanes will be utilized.
Spawner= Two way Traffic Spawned, are Generated for Two Lane Roads creating both directions, or one direction only when connected to Merge Ramp, or oneway road.

IMPORTANT!

Just remember to always draw your invisible road lines in the opposite direction of the Traffic flow.
These will be update to the DLS
<kuid2:95230:101618:2> Jons Invisible Road Adapter,35mph NT
<kuid2:95230:101669:2> Jons Invisible Road Adapter,45mph NT
<kuid:95230:110884> Jons Invisible Road Adapter,55mph NT
<kuid:95230:110885> Jons Invisible Road Adapter,65mph NT
<kuid:95230:110880> Jons Invisible Road Adapter,75mph NT
Merges the Traffic onto the Highways.

Last edited:
Back