It's the season of Cars on Tracks!

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Here's a series of videos courtesy of Virtual Railfan of cars getting stuck on railroad tracks. First up, a car on Princeton, Indiana comes close to being scrap metal after turning onto the railroad tracks at the crossing. Fortunately, the train came to a stop just a few feet from the car.

And this time, it's Ashland, Virginia!

Once again, another car gets stuck on the tracks in Ashland, Virginia, also holding up an Amtrak train stopped at the Amtrak station.

This time, it's Flagstaff, Arizona!

Now it's time for Flagstaff, Arizona to have a car on the tracks. This driver even tries to get themselves out of trouble by driving to a nearby railroad crossing, but fails.

And another car stops on the tracks in Ashland, Virginia!

Another car is stopped on the tracks in Ashland, Virgina. However, this time the car gets passed on the neighboring track by the southbound Auto Train and the engineer of a late northbound Palmetto managed to stop his train in time before hitting the car stopped on the tracks.

Now Kansas City, Missouri and again Ashland, Virigina get involved

Here a car in Kansas City, Missouri gets stuck on the tracks, then gets itself off the tracks, and a car in Ashland, Virginia almost gets itself stuck on the tracks there.

And more cars stuck on tracks in Ashland and Cordele, Georgia!

And again, Ashland has a car stuck on the tracks, along with Cordele, Georgia.

Once again, Ashland, Virginia is the King of cars getting stuck on tracks

And again, another car gets stuck on the track on Ashland, Virginia.

Around the holidays, people become dumb and start to do stupid things because they're caught up in their holiday shopping and don't pay attention to more important things like not driving on to the railroad tracks, driving down the wrongs side of the road, or running redlights and stop signs.

Haha! Never stopped to think about it, but that is quite accurate! When my kids were taking driver's education in school, I told them to "always drive as if everyone around you is an idiot, because they probably are". Maybe a bit harsh judgement of human nature, but I often get reports back of other drivers they have seen while out on the roads. And they have both been (knock on wood) accident free for many years.

Haha! Never stopped to think about it, but that is quite accurate! When my kids were taking driver's education in school, I told them to "always drive as if everyone around you is an idiot, because they probably are". Maybe a bit harsh judgement of human nature, but I often get reports back of other drivers they have seen while out on the roads. And they have both been (knock on wood) accident free for many years.

We were taught the same thing by my dad. ;)

Now I entertain myself by watching car crash videos on YouTube.

Back