Issues with "Stack Dump"

joshmeister

Proud Railfurz Member
I recently got an update from microsoft a few nights ago when I went to shut my PC down for the night. When I went into trainz today to work on a route I started noticing this "Stack Dump" error on interactive industries as well as industry active rolling stock. This is an example of an error that comes up on one of these objects. Nothing that I am using has any errors or missing dependencies and Im not even sure what a stack dump is, and now I cant add objects to industries or rolling stock I want loaded and unloaded which is pretty irritating. I am running Trainz09. Does anyone know if there are ways of fixing this? My biggest fear is loosing everything that I have worked very hard on creating in game and Im pretty upset at the moment.

No need to be upset. I believe that this issue is caused by a load missing deps or being faulty. I would first check to see if any products in CMP have missing deps. If they do, then you can fix it from there. If that is not the case or does not work, then I would try checking to see if any products in CMP are faulty. (In CMP, products are called commodities, just an FYI). If they are, then either delete them, or see what the problem is and have a stab at fixing it. If all else fails, EDR does a really good job fixing things as well. I would give that a shot if none of the above works.

Hi Enzo, What I am worried about is the fact that Trainz was working just fine until this new Windows update installed itself when I shut down the PC about 2 nights ago, and the next day when I went to fire the PC up and go into trainz thats when I noticed this issue. I have had items with missing dependencies but it has never done this until after this microsoft update. As far as the dependencies, when Im in the route editing, can I go in and delete the missing dependencies from the routes that say they have missing dependencies? As far as faulty downloads, those have already been deleted come CMP. What is EDR while we are on the subject? My biggest fear is that I will have to completely uninstall Trainz and start all over and loose the things I have worked so hard to make in game :(

I found out that cars and industries that are already set up with goods, example this spine car set I have, will still load the TOFC and COFC trailers onto the cars, but when I put in a multy-industry and try to add any products to it, the product tab is blank.

Last edited:
Okay it looks like this maybe an issue that requires EDR. What windows operating system are you using by the way? EDR stands for Extended Database Repair. This can be performed by opening CMP, clicking on the file tab at the top, and clicking on Extended Database Repair. This will probably work, if not, I would maybe first contact the Helpdesk, or maybe seeing if another perhaps more knowledgeable Trainzer can come in here and provide a hand.
Seems odd that this issue is not caused by a product...
Hope that helps!

I am running windows 7 and I think it is 32 bit. I have never seen this happen before but I will see if this EDR will fix it or not, If all else fail's, would backing everything up and doing a fresh install work? I know Ive already said it but I dont want to loose the routes that I have been working on the past few months more so this Oahu Railway route that I am building.

I have never seen this happen before but I will see if this EDR will fix it or not, If all else fail's, would backing everything up and doing a fresh install work? I know Ive already said it but I dont want to loose the routes that I have been working on the past few months more so this Oahu Railway route that I am building.
As long as you remove the userdata folder, you can uninstall it without losing the route. Just when you reinstall, make sure you tell CMP to import CONTENT not CDP's, because then trainz will install the userdata folder without needing a CDP to do so. You can also save the route to CDP, and some of its deps (Not the multiple industry) and you can import it back from there. I would do both to have 2 back-ups of the route. Better to be safe than sorry! I hope that the EDR will work, and you don't have to reinstall it!

Ok, I am currently looking at this screen and Im not to sure what to do. Also, would it be better to chat over skype?

Simply hit close, and then restart trainz. If it does not work, I'll see if I can get somebody that might know what to do in here so they can help you out. I'm pretty sure that EDR will fix this issue. EDR fixes the errors on its own without showing any details for it, so no need to worry! Once again, fingers are crossed!

I was hoping that it WOULD fix the issue but sadly it has not, I am still getting the same issues as before. :(
Dang! Does the multiple industry show as DLS Update available? You can tell this by looking at the icon that is shaped like a box with an arrow pointing down. Just as you would to download from DLS via CMP, just right click and click download. If not, It looks like somebody else will need to help you, or a potential reinstall may be needed.

Im not to sure how to explain it. I get the errors on these multiple industries as well as rolling stock. an example would be these reefer cars I downloaded from Jointed rail about 3 days ago. They are set up to load fruit pallets by default and I had also set them up to load apple pallets as well, but know when I go in to add what ever load's I want the car to load, I get the same Stack Dump and blank product screen that I get with the multiple industries. (Not sure if that even makes sense honestly) Everything was working just fine until Microsoft released this buggy windows update that just so happened to delete a sysmenu.dll file from my PC. If all else fails, Ill have to get my dad to put my install disk's in the mail and ship them to me and Ill have to just do a fresh install.

Also I ran the EDR again and this time it found 1339 errors.

this is what most of the errors it found look like

Error: Asset <kuid:43955:53003> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:30671:9100810:1> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:181672:42002:1> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:181672:42000:1> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:544086:100050> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:451223:100045> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:206307:100209> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:58422:100099> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:124060:60046:1> does not match the asset database record

Last edited:
Im not to sure how to explain it. I get the errors on these multiple industries as well as rolling stock. an example would be these reefer cars I downloaded from Jointed rail about 3 days ago. They are set up to load fruit pallets by default and I had also set them up to load apple pallets as well, but know when I go in to add what ever load's I want the car to load, I get the same Stack Dump and blank product screen that I get with the multiple industries. (Not sure if that even makes sense honestly) Everything was working just fine until Microsoft released this buggy windows update that just so happened to delete a sysmenu.dll file from my PC. If all else fails, Ill have to get my dad to put my install disk's in the mail and ship them to me and Ill have to just do a fresh install.

Also I ran the EDR again and this time it found 1339 errors.

this is what most of the errors it found look like

Error: Asset <kuid:43955:53003> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:30671:9100810:1> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:181672:42002:1> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:181672:42000:1> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:544086:100050> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:451223:100045> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:206307:100209> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid:58422:100099> does not match the asset database record
Error: Asset <kuid2:124060:60046:1> does not match the asset database record

These errors are normal after an EDR and are due to new content not being referenced by the database yet. What you need to do is go into Content Manager and view the faulty assets. Once they are displayed, select a bunch, a screen full at a time is good, and choose view errors and warnings. If there are any errors at all, these should disappear once the errors are viewed. Repeat this with as many times as there are errors to clear from the list. Any errors that are not removed from the list will then have to be looked at in more detail.

If you are running TS10 under Windows 7, you should be running the program as administrator.

John

Thats the thing, i dont have any faulty items, If I cant fix them I just delete them. So right now nothing is faulty.

As far as running the program as an administrator how do I do that? Does it make any difference?

@ Shane, I fixed the issue, but it was not with any products you mentioned BUT, I can narrow it down to what I THINK it could be.

LARS IndustRail v3 <kuid2:69871:2137:1>
BI2 DES Wellcar Products <kuid:633834:100788>
BI2 Container Expanded <kuid2:439337:100498:1>
Reefer Industry Track <kuid2:67794:10004:1>
SAP Multiple Industry <kuid:439337:101369>
robs multiple industry <kuid2:211014:156:2>
Bitumen <kuid2:73150:101249:1>

These were the LAST things I downloaded before I noticed the game acting weird, I went ahead and deleted all of them and this has fixed the issue. I would assume that they could be narrowed down to a single KUID but Better safe then sorry and just delete all of them right? Also, I saw that you had posted prowlers k-27 pilot beam as well, I went a head and deleted it as well as all his engines since I am useing Togog's engines as well as giving him advice for the OR&L engines we are working on. Thank you AND Enzo for helping me figure out this Issue, I greatly appreciate it!

Last edited:
Back