Is there a active steel mill out there somewhere....

I've not seen a fully functional one up and running but there are loads of assets to make your own, search 'steel' or 'steel industry' on the DLS. Use basic portals or loading/unloading type tracks inside buildings or under shelters to turn round loaded/unloaded wagons. 'WCK zavod 01' is also a particular realistic building. Place 'cooling' assets which produce steam inside building or just below ground level to help bring it to life. Peter

I've not seen a fully functional one up and running but there are loads of assets to make your own, search 'steel' or 'steel industry' on the DLS. Use basic portals or loading/unloading type tracks inside buildings or under shelters to turn round loaded/unloaded wagons. 'WCK zavod 01' is also a particular realistic building. Place 'cooling' assets which produce steam inside building or just below ground level to help bring it to life. Peter
Are you sure you got that name correct, could not find it in CM.

Do you know how to make the consists coming out of the portals are FULL.?

The Illawarra South Coast route by grazlash has a generic still mill at Port Kembla!

To spawn consists from portals, view the options using the '?' icon. Add your consists to the portal and set a time for when the first train spawns out of the portal, please keep in mind that these trains are spawned repeatedly...

The Illawarra South Coast route by grazlash has a generic still mill at Port Kembla!

To spawn consists from portals, view the options using the '?' icon. Add your consists to the portal and set a time for when the first train spawns out of the portal, please keep in mind that these trains are spawned repeatedly...

Thanks for that, I do know how to use portals, just would like to know how to get the wagons loaded when spawned

An alternative approach to portals is a BI3 industry track such as <kuid:439337:105642> SAP_BI3_Iron_and_Steel_Smelting, which will load train cars you send with various steel products. You configure the products it produces to fit different parts of the world.

Kind regards,

Gary

Thanks for that, I do know how to use portals, just would like to know how to get the wagons loaded when spawned
In the 'Edit Session' options, click on driver commands and find 'Instant Load'. This command will instantly load wagons! Do be warned some wagons will load up more than one container which can be annoying to go through the entire consists fixing it...

Hi

To load wagons after exiting a portal use one of the "Instant Load" commands as the first driver command in the schedule. There are a few on the DLS including one by "elstoko" which allows you to select which queue to load.

Regards

Brian

The building I referred to is: WCK zavod 01 (Kuid:78638:100510), it was downloaded from the DLS into TRS19 some time ago and re-downloaded into TRS22 when I migrated the route, both without issue.

To load wagons leaving a portal I use the Instant Load Command> i.e. Load All/Load Random/Load Intermodel no Double Stack. Please note there are two similar commands, 'Instantload' and 'Instand Load Command>'

Edit: You can make a portal appear invisible by connecting it with a short length of invisible track and hence it can protrude from the rear of a building etc. without being noticed.

Peter

Last edited:
Back