Is the Union Pacific "Challenger" (big boy's little brother) available anywhere ?

Roman8

Is the Union Pacific "Challenger" (big boy's little brother) available anywhere ?

Hi Friends,

I bought the DVD "Extreme Trains" (Discovery Channel) today and watched it with my (9yr old)son.
icon14.gif

To his greatest joy, Big Boy appeared - his favourite in UTC.
icon12.gif

The downside :)-) ? "Challenger" also appeared, apparently Union Pacific's little brother to Big Boy.

Does anyone know if/where Challenger is available for UTC ? Be it freeware or payware.
I've scoured the Net earlier on and found a vid clip of a Trainz fan, mentioning he lost it as a 'payware' add-on.
Apart from that, zippo - nothing.

Anyone able to help ?

Would it pay to contact Auran ? I just received the promotion Email for TRS2009, perhaps I'll buy that and it might help
icon7.gif

Thanks & Regards,
Kris
icon10.gif

Up in the Middle of the Night for your first Post

Welcome to the Wonderful ,Wacky World of Trainz Forum

Just scouring my mind to answer your question-- Will post back

I have migrated all my stuff to 09 so it is a tad hard to check where the originals sit-- They are there somewhere

Are you a Sydneysider ? (as I have a video of the Challenger on Clinghfield Iron) in the Trainzer Library

Waz

it's available as payware at Trainz Italia i think there's 3 or 4 different versions. idk if it works for TS2009 and i don't think it works for UTC (all tho you could probably request the maker to back date it for you)

Last edited:
Thanks for reviewing and your advice about the payware Challenger in Italy!
I'll probably buy TRS2009 soon anyway, so should turn out OK vis-a-vis compatibility.
I'm in Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. I'm actually originally Belgian, born in Bruges, but migrated here in 1989...

Again, thanks for your kind help.

-- Kris

Hello Kris,

our Challengers are available as pack including three locomotives in three different liveries: black, heavily weathered and two-tone grey for passenger service.

They are currently available in 2004 and 2006 versions. I don't think they work in UTC, as they have steam engine configs and cabs. Maybe it is possible to convert them, but we are unable to do that no one of us has UTC installed.

As regards to 2009, we plan to convert them sometime in the near future. They need at least a new enginespec to work in the 2009, and maybe some other change. I would like to see EE 2009 released before tinkering with that, since I would be disappointed if I had to do the work twice.

:wave:

Back