initiating bulk textures to route

EJB

i have brought a route from 2012 to replace one i lost with the last 2019 upgrade. the only problem is it has bald spot in the rextures and i cnnot use the bulk textures to fill them in. any ideas?
also i moved a ATLS crossing (actually remove it( but the invisible track with the slave marker cannot be removed. once again any ideas.
thank you
ejb

Not sure about the textures, I think you're going to replace them by hand. As for not being able to delete anything, copy a blank area and paste over the top of it should delete those.

yeah i kind i was going to have to paint the textures by hand. the slave ATLS doesn't have the track mark looking thin(blue and )white) so i just hook a invisible track to it and it simply doesn't show when the trains aren't running. don't know if this effects the playing of the game. it doesn't seem to . i just thought it was strange that they can't be deleted.
thanks you
ejb

A "bald spot"(where you can see the original grid pattern) in a textured area would normally indicate that you have a missing texture. What does CM say about the installed route?

The way to bulk replace 'bald spots' is to delete missing assets and use the bulk replace tool to replace the grid with the texture of your choice.

tahnk you grazlash finding the missing textures would be most difficult. it is a large route.
pware i tahnk you for your answer and will look into it. yes there are a pretty large number and it just might be easier to do them by hand. as for the slave (ATLS) if it doesn't affect the game i'll just leave them.
thank you for the help
ejb

Finding a missing texture should be easy, if you go into CM and list dependencies and see if it shows up listed in red, which it should.

the only red assets are McGuire trees, 3 of them and 4 ATLS assets. their are a bunch of unknown assets at the bottom of the page. . i'll deep plugging at the route to see if it can be\ salvaged.
thanks again
ejb
oh this route has something that is unusual. it has two tree groups kuid 565830: 100053 and 565830:100075. what is unusual is they are not listed and the only way to do anything with them is to copy and paste a bunch and move them around. did this a few time to see if they would effect the game and so far they haven't. they seem to be speed trees but they conform to the terrains hill and valleys pretty nicely.
anyway thanks again

Tree groups are hidden by default due to them being obsolete, but are allowed to be listed invisible for compatibility reasons. There's a way to make them appear, but your best bet is to replace them with regular individual trees because their performance and looks aren't that great.

It's quite possible to replace textures in TRS2019 by using the Bulk update tool. You need to experiment and find the ones that work for your particular location and adjust their size prior to replacing. Within the Bulk update/replace tool, there's an option to set the texture rotation and size to what you've chosen.

I recommend checking for assets on the DLS for your newly installed old route. There's a chance that some of the assets have been updated.

i know for sure that the ATLS have been but they are faulty in the CM even though they are for trs19. i am switching the out for TRC which have a few things built in that i like. i have parked this route for the time being since i found the Mojave route. this one i had changed(updated) in trs 2012. so far not much is required for this route to be usable..i'll get back to the mountains . just needed a break.
thanks again
ejb
i,m surprised that the Mojave hasn't been refreshed. while i don't know much about desert training it is a pleasant change

i know for sure that the ATLS have been but they are faulty in the CM even though they are for trs19. i am switching the out for TRC which have a few things built in that i like. i have parked this route for the time being since i found the Mojave route. this one i had changed(updated) in trs 2012. so far not much is required for this route to be usable..i'll get back to the mountains . just needed a break.
thanks again
ejb
i,m surprised that the Mojave hasn't been refreshed. while i don't know much about desert training it is a pleasant change
It has, Hiawathamr has done a TRS19 version and it is on the DLS. The original Mojave route from the Content Store needs to be installed for it to work

Back