Industry setting.

peterwhite

Steam Rules OK
Is there an asset out there that simulates coal being unloaded by hand.
I'm looking for an 'industry' (piece of track) that 4 wagons of coal can be shunted on to, then uncoupled and left to unload over a period of time.
Is there such an asset about?
If not, can one be altered and if so, how?

Peter

I don't think so. You can somewhat simulate this by:
Having the train drop off the four coal cars
Instructing the train to go elsewhere
Have a local switcher, activated by the train going elsewhere, couple to the four coal cars, take them to the unload point, unload, move them back to where they were, uncouple, move the switcher out of the way.
Later have the main train come back, couple, and all go on their merry way.

If you want to get really fancy---
Instead of using a switcher use an Invisible Loco Kuid 69593:2065 or similar
Have him take one car at a time over the unload ramp, unload
Move the car to a holding track
Pick up the next car, etc

You won't see people pushing the cars, but you won't see a loco either.

Have fun doing all the AI coding.

When stationed at a supply depot overseas we used to manually move freight cars around all the time.

Is there a way to configure loading/unloading times? Does a freight car need to be part of a loco-powered consist to be loaded/unloaded?

Is there an asset out there that simulates coal being unloaded by hand.
I'm looking for an 'industry' (piece of track) that 4 wagons of coal can be shunted on to, then uncoupled and left to unload over a period of time.
Is there such an asset about?
If not, can one be altered and if so, how?

Peter
Try <kuid2:45324:400001:2> JR Multi Industry which is built in to TRS19. You can set the time till unloading starts and the time between cars being unloaded.

Thanks for replies guys but not exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm wanting to leave the wagons in one place without a loco and for them to be unloaded very slowly over about a 90 minute period to simulate being unloaded by hand (as in bygone days)
The period I'm running didn't have the luxury of automatic unloaders.
I think I will have to have them unloaded in a shed and use 'instant unload' to empty them.

Thanks for replies guys but not exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm wanting to leave the wagons in one place without a loco and for them to be unloaded very slowly over about a 90 minute period to simulate being unloaded by hand (as in bygone days)
The period I'm running didn't have the luxury of automatic unloaders.
I think I will have to have them unloaded in a shed and use 'instant unload' to empty them.
This will do what you want. Try <kuid2:45324:400001:2> JR Multi Industry which is built in to TRS19. You can set the time till unloading starts and the time between cars being unloaded.

Is there a way to configure loading/unloading times? Does a freight car need to be part of a loco-powered consist to be loaded/unloaded?

Yes for the "regular" interactive industries and freight cars.

There's also a series of older ProtoLars assets with an industry setup that allows the user to park a freight car at an industry and leave it to be unloaded or loaded. I used them quite often well over a decade ago when they came out, but haven't used them in a very long time so for the life of me I can't remember how to configure those assets.

Back