gfisher

Old Hand
Picking up on the old thread.

iw41.jpg

iw43.jpg

iw52.jpg

iw53.jpg

iw54.jpg

Awesome shots george! Looking forward to this route quite a bit. Then again I look forward to all of your creations, great work.

Mike

Looks great!!!!!!! One thing: can you tell me where you got that oil field?
cheers, Daniel

3830- My "Valero" refinery is made up of two built in Trainz refineries, two third party refineries and a whole mess of Kenichiro's new industrial components. Do a search for Kenichiro and you should find them on the DLS.

Hi Tyler, nice to hear from you. :)

iw48.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work! This one is my fav
iw43.jpg

Yes its that good that it needed quoted! Nothing like a double take ;)

The Indiana Western is now complete and has gone to the DLS. It contains about 32 miles of double tracked mainline, a 4 or 5 mile power plant loop, and the Olde & Weerey division, about 12 miles in length. The route is designed to be easily merged with my Watseka & Kankakee route (you listening, Ed?) for about 100 miles of midwest railroading. I have also uploaded an SD40-2 and a GP38 in fictional IWR colors. Here's some more screenies.

The City of New Orleans near the western end of the route.

iw55.jpg

iw56.jpg

The yard at Gunnison. This was constructed from a track plan of a Soo Line steam era yard at Gladstone, Michigan.

iw57.jpg

iw59.jpg

On the Olde & Wearey division.

iw61.jpg

ow21.jpg

ow18.jpg

ow17.jpg

ow08.jpg

ow06.jpg

That looks like a layout I will have to look into installing, make that two with the merge mentioned.
Are both layouts suitable for TRS2006?

Last edited:
Are both layouts suitable for TRS2006?
The IWR is a TRS2006 route. Whether or not it shows any faults will depend on what assets you have installed and whether or not you have "fixed" them or not. The W&W is an old TRS2004 route but I don't see why it wouldn't work in 06. I have it installed in 06.

You should merge the southern edge of the southwestern most baseboard of the IWR with the northern edge of the most eastern baseboard of the W&W, and the track and grades should align.

iw04.jpg

I ought to mention one more time that my routes are for stout hearted computers.

I ought to mention one more time that my routes are for stout hearted computers.

I found ways of running them on lower comps, even Ironbound Industrial, which I considered the max I could handle and was my top line benchmark. Just the 06 stuff I can't run now since I don't know what I'd be replacing. Tried looking for a copy here in Staten Island but all the game stores are mainly focused on XBox and Playstation.:(

Hi !

Thanks for presenting your route to the community :)

I only have one question. What is kuid2:30671:23391:1 and where can we find it ?

It is the LARS Interchange LT track which allows you to drop off consists to be picked up and generates new consists from the "other" railroad.
You can get it at TrainzProRoutes here: http://www.trainzproroutes.org/forum/

Look for the goodies forum page. You need to register, but the download is free.

The other 30671 items are the ProtoLARS industry tracks also available above.

Back