A Gap in my Fictional RR Collection

truguard

So far, I have come up with 2 names for my fictional railroads (Bold part is the main name):
  • Conway, Texas & Los Angeles Transportation Company (Referred to as The Conway)
  • Monclova & Santiago Navigation (In Spanish because this is a mexican RR: Navegación Monclova y Santiago)
And I have a 3rd one that originally connected Conway, AR with St. Louis, Springfield (IL), Chicago & Northern Indiana, and then Toronto & Montreal in Canada (1952), and then took over parts of dying railroads (1972-1988), and then bought out CTLA in 1993 (Parts of this are similar to Conrail, KCS & Union Pacific). I have trialed 2 names and they didn't fit my originality, nor the fitting title.

Do you have any ideas?

I have seen a few folks introduce their favorite fictional railroads here, but I think interest is limited. I would have no suggestions what to name one, as I would not have an interest in it anyway.

I have seen a few folks introduce their favorite fictional railroads here, but I think interest is limited. I would have no suggestions what to name one, as I would not have an interest in it anyway.
Well, I never expected that this interest would fade out completely. There's still a slew out there.

How about the CC&C, Conway, Chicago & Canada.

This represents the beginning, middle, end.

FYI: You may not always get a response right away. It's not that people don't show interest, it's they may not have a response right away, or are busy away from the forums. In many cases, since this is an international forum, you'll get people from other parts of the world who don't have an interest in US and Canadian railroads just as many people in North America don't have an interest in Russian or German railroads, for example.

Last edited:
Ok, Instead of CC&C, I changed it to LM&SC (Lake Michigan & South Coast). The logo represents the states the railroad travels in (At least in Pre-1970).

Ok, Instead of CC&C, I changed it to LM&SC (Lake Michigan & South Coast). The logo represents the states the railroad travels in (At least in Pre-1970).
That works too. The thing that I considered is that modern railroads tend to have relatively short names compared to the turn of the last century and before when every intermediate destination was mentioned in the name. A good example is the Big Four.

Beginning in 1862, the Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati (CCC) bought a number of rail lines, which by 1882 gave the system a through line between Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. In 1889 the Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati & Indianapolis, known as the "Bee Line," merged with the Indianapolis & St. Louis and the Cincinnati, Indianapolis, St. Louis & Chicago (the original "Big 4"), to create the Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railroad.

The "Big 4" was a lot easier to remember and eventually this was merged into the New York Central Railroad.

Here's some more information on the Big 4 and related railroads that eventually made up the NYC Railroad.

Last edited:
You mean the There, Here & Elsewhere Ohio Railroad? Hmm, I`m no sports fan, but even I have heard of "The Ohio State University" and how they tried to copyright the use of the in that context.

Back