Indian Pacific from Store - No Logo?!

Has anyone else purchased the Indian Pacific set from the store?

I was disappointed to see that there are no iconic IP logos on the cars?!! What the heck?

Anyone know why this is so?

KevinB

Hi,
I’m not sure about Indian Pacific, but if one produces a model (physical or virtual) for sale/distribution, copyright and/or trademark laws can be a serious problem.
it’s possible that IP were asked if their logo could be used and their lawyers advised against it (or commercial dept wanted a licence fee).

I understand that US companies are obliged to be aggressively policing copyright.

HTH
Colin

Hi KevinB
These cars are setup to be 'blank' by default (as they have sometimes operated over the years). Different livery options can then be selected via the properties menu in Surveyor (ie using the '?' tool in Surveyor Classic, or by selecting the traincar, then click on the 'context' icon above the traincar, then click on 'properties'). They can either be set per carriage, or for the entire consist.

Regards

Well, I must be not understanding how things work. I clicked on the cars in my consist , and I click on the "?" and try to select a logo but no success.

Is there a video or tutorial which may show waht I'm doing incorrectly?

KB

Back