In need of help with WINDOWS 10 HOME & Trainz 12

kiwisniper

i go to use content creator plus but keep getting a "Microsoft visual C++ run time library error

any ideas on how to fix it would be good ?

thanks in advance

kiwi

You need to download the right "Microsoft visual C++ run time library" from MS, you will need the number of the library.

Did you re-boot your computer after installing the package? This is necessary for it to become active.

Kieran.

Did you re-boot your computer after installing the package? This is necessary for it to become active.

Kieran.

Yep did a reboot and still no joy :':):)':)(
wish i someone could get the thing working i want to work on my layouts so bad but cant if the assets are faulty:':):)':)(

if anyone has any other help ideas that would be good or if you need more info on my system then that's cool tool

i7-4790 CPU @3.60GHz with windows 10 home
geforce gtx 750
8 GB RAM

i would even consider a remote admin to have a look??

Recently I had a corrupted 'manifest' file in the Windows/WinSxS directory. No matter what I did, I could not resolve the issue and without resolving the issue, I couldn't run TS12 at all. The only solution I had was to reinstall Windows as even a system restore did not work.

Recently I had a corrupted 'manifest' file in the Windows/WinSxS directory. No matter what I did, I could not resolve the issue and without resolving the issue, I couldn't run TS12 at all. The only solution I had was to reinstall Windows as even a system restore did not work.

this is a fresh install of windows 10 home, i can run trains 12 and the content manger but i can not run CCP to fix assets ?

i can open CCP from the game folder but not to edit assets?

how did you find the corrupt manifest?

this is a fresh install of windows 10 home, i can run trains 12 and the content manger but i can not run CCP to fix assets ?

i can open CCP from the game folder but not to edit assets?

how did you find the corrupt manifest?

Mine system told me when I went to run TS12. I then searched for the folder in a folder that contains a gazillion of like-named folders of nothing but hex numbers.

If you are able to run CCP.exe from within the program folder, this sounds to me like a permission's problem. Try running Content Manager as Administrator. Right-click on the short-cut and choose that from the list.

John

Back