Imported route get converted to TRS19 version

OK I used <kuid:439337:100841> Progressive Rail Jesse James Line
by msgsapper. Thanks MSGsapper will look into it thanks. RJ Artim aka Bob

1. Started route by choosing Create Session
2. Gave it a name and added an engine.
3. Saved session and was prompted to Save New Route and session.
4. Changed route name by appending TRS19 to it.
5. My seesion and route was saved.
5. Exited out of surveyor and Trainz.
6. Restarted Trainz and opened the TRS19 session.
7. Adjusted the environment and saved the session, it prompted me for New or overwrite, just like it should.
8. The route now has me as the author.

Last edited:
That saves it with my KUID, that's no good.
Why not? You are creating a session. You don't care if there's a new route.

Just delete the new route, and change the map-kuid of the new session to the kuid of the original route. Then you have a new session in the original route.

It's always worked like this - nothing new in TRS19.

I got at least 80 sessions that need to be converted over. I have patience but I am not going through all that 80 times or more. I will wait for a fix from the big guys. It is reported by someone else in the Beta forum. I sent in a bug report also. I can wait. I am good at waiting. Marine Corps motto, hurry up and wait.

Please don't in my messages please. It messes my mind trying to figure what the other guy is trying to do. I would you appreciate not to. URAH!!!!!

Last edited:
I got at least 80 sessions that need to be converted over. I have patience but I am not going through all that 80 times or more. I will wait for a fix from the big guys. It is reported by someone else in the Beta forum. I sent in a bug report also. I can wait. I am good at waiting. Marine Corps motto, hurry up and wait.

Is this still the problem you are trying to solve?
"When I try to write a session and save it a new version of the route is saved. It gets saved under my KUID. Now I can not upload the sessions as no one will have the route but me."

That is not going to be solved by any update. You can only upload assets that have your user ID in the KUID. Therefore you have to create the session from the saved version of the original route, and therefore you have to adjust the map-kuid tag to set it back to the original route.

An update will fix the bug that is making the system do this. And my session would have my KUID but it would be referencing the new saved route and not the original. I will wait. I can do everything except change the environment in the original routes. That's the problem, the environment changes in a session thinks it is for the route, thus a new save of the route.

An update will fix the bug that is making the system do this. And my session would have my KUID but it would be referencing the new saved route and not the original. I will wait. I can do everything except change the environment in the original routes. That's the problem, the environment changes in a session thinks it is for the route, thus a new save of the route.

This is exactly what I was thinking the problem is. Has N3V confirmed this as a bug that will be fixed soon(tm)?

This is exactly what I was thinking the problem is. Has N3V confirmed this as a bug that will be fixed soon(tm)?

All I got was a verification that the bug report was submitted. Weekend is in the way I guess. Also there is no reply to the other post in the Beta forum.

All I got was a verification that the bug report was submitted. Weekend is in the way I guess. Also there is no reply to the other post in the Beta forum.

That may very well be the problem at the moment. I also submitted a report on some unrelated stuff and only received the system message. When and if you do receive a message from the QA Team, note your additional observations. That will help them narrow down the problem.

I am leaving for Florida, The Villages, on Tuesday, won't be back until Saturday. Looking for a retirement house. Won't have Trainz, hope I don't get withdrawals ;)

I got a reply from Zec asking what I had to do, told him just changing the Environment on DLS and 3rd party routes that are not version 4.6.

I am leaving for Florida, The Villages, on Tuesday, won't be back until Saturday. Looking for a retirement house. Won't have Trainz, hope I don't get withdrawals ;)

I got a reply from Zec asking what I had to do, told him just changing the Environment on DLS and 3rd party routes that are not version 4.6.

The reply from Zec is good. This means you've got them pondering about the issue and poking around. Don't be surprised if you get more requests for information, including a request for a specific route to test as they inch forward to a solution.

Have a safe trip to Florida. Yeah TUWS is a "bad" infliction to have. You'll begin thinking continuously about route building at first to be followed by endless thoughts and mind wandering that your wife will notice as your mind kicks off to another place while she's talking to you. This is followed by dreams of setting up sessions and more driving and route building.

Hopefully no one notices your odd behaviour and you'll become "normal" again by the time you arrive home. :D

... Yeah TUWS is a "bad" infliction to have. You'll begin thinking continuously about route building at first to be followed by endless thoughts and mind wandering that your wife will notice as your mind kicks off to another place while she's talking to you. This is followed by dreams of setting up sessions and more driving and route building.

Hopefully no one notices your odd behaviour and you'll become "normal" again by the time you arrive home. :D
LOL. Like visiting a famous sites on vacation and spending your time looking at the wall and ground textures wondering how they would look in Trainz. Or seeing some iconic building and wondering how many polys it would take to build it. Been there, done that often enough.

Back