I Need Your Help! Please Give Your Suggestions on the Final IC #6071 paint scheme!

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Hello Friends and Community,

As you may have read in my previous thread concerning the Monticello Railway Museum's newest addition, Illinois Central #6071...the first SD40 ever built, I need your thoughts on the paint scheme it could receive.
If I get enough input from you, I will print this thread and give it to the museum proving what paint scheme the public is interested in.

Here are the options,
4230.1120184340.jpg

This is the paint scheme she currently wears, thank God she never was defaced with CN red and black.
8780.1175846400.jpg

This is the paint scheme she received post GM&O merger, this is the scheme I found most likely not to be of interested, however it did wear it.
1344.1234596253.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't find a picture of old #950 (6071) but this unit wears the same paint scheme, which is my personal choice.
emd434D.jpg

Pretty sure that is a sister Demo Unit, so this would be her demo paint.

Your Opinions are highly valued!
Please tell me what you would like to see.

Cheers,
Woody:wave:

Last edited:
I like GM&O scheme, but the ICG I think best represents it's heritage as both GM&O and IC.

Besides demo paint, what was the 1st scheme this loco wore? I'm not from that area, so I don't think my opinion should count against what locals want. I have no real preference, but I am a nostalgia buff. I would say paint her in her original scheme. Maybe even a demo scheme if she was the 1st SD40 ever built.

GM&O. Though I kinda hate that RR for what they did to the old C&G. At one time, GM&O were the parent company for the Columbus and Greenville railroad. When the C&G purchased 3 new GP38 locomotives, GM&O took them. When the railroad was sold from them, (then being taken under IC's wing) the GP's were supposed to be returned, but never were. The railroad never really recovered from that loss.

From the West Coast: My first - ICG, second - GM&O and third - IC.
Do your best to discourage the IC scheme, trains need color.
Just my thoughts.

My first vote would be the GM&O scheme. After that would be the ICG. IC paint is too common and the plain black, while cool, is just lazy.

Thanks much all of you!
I am surprised at the want for ICG, just to clear things up, the paint scheme went in this order, Demo, GM&O, ICG, IC.
The unit will be delivered to the museum in IC black from the Canadian National Railway.

By the way, you think what GM&O did to C&G was bad...ha, look at what IC did to GM&O!

Cheers,

Last edited:
Illinois Central which it is its original colors when it emerged out of the shops yet again, I don't mind the GM&O colors just as long as they dont apply that CN red and black paint on the unit!:cool:

Last edited:
Illinois Central which it is its original colors when it emerged out of the shops yet again, I don't mind the GM&O colors just as long as they dont apply that CN red and black paint on the unit!:cool:
Oh they won't...I don't think anyone there would shame theirself with that bad move....:hehe:

Cheers,
Woody

I like her just the way she is...BLACK. (like my women)!:hehe:

Oh dear Ed..... tsk tsk..:)

I am sipping a Black Russian right now....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 oz.Vodka[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
1 oz.Kahlua[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have fun:) [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ron[/FONT][/FONT]

Oh Ed,

Your humor never gets old, I swear it doesn't!:hehe:

I'm very surprised that people are going for the IC and ICG, but that is what public interest shows, that is hopefully what it will get.
I can't make any guarantees that it will get what people want, but I'm hoping that if I print this thread off, and show it to them it might make a dent.

Cheers,

Back