How to turn off signals

lincoln90

How do I make a signal have no lights as if it is out of order or does not work anymore.
(Turn-off a signal)

Thanks Lincoln90

derelict searchlight signal

Found this: derelict searchlight signal, kuid:219472:1207 by nikos kavoori
Can rotate, tilt and elevate.
Hope this helps Don

Probably deleting the Corona lines text in the config.txt might help. I haven't tried this myself. Or possibly use blank or black textures replacements for the coronas if the signals use their own coronas. This way you could use the signals you desire.

Just a thought :)

VinnyBarb

Most US signals are dark (off) until a train approaches.

~Rick
Nope. They are always green till a train comes in it's block radius (A mile or 2.) then they turn red and when the train passes ths next signal then the first signal is yellow and when that train passes the thirid signal the first signal turns green.

Or so i have always seen it do it this way.

You are right about the sequence of colors, but they are not always green. I worked for BNSF and our signals were off until a train approached (to see it.) This is done to reduce electric and maintenance costs. We traveled on tracks owned by Union Pacific and other roads, and they were all the same way. Of course, you don't get to see this from inside the train because they are lit-up by the time to get to them.

~Rick

Nope. They are always green till a train comes in it's block radius (A mile or 2.) then they turn red and when the train passes ths next signal then the first signal is yellow and when that train passes the thirid signal the first signal turns green.

Or so i have always seen it do it this way.

Hmmm.. in my area (eastern pa), they are always red unless a train is coming

Around here (San Francisco East Bay) They are out until a train aproaches. It has been that way since I first noticed it. (1954)

hmmm well on the Northeast Corridor "I'm less then a mile from it" The Signals are always Green Unless a train Passes through then it'll turn Red, Amber then Green once again Otherwise they are Always on. Except for the PRSL (Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines) Branch off of Frankford Junction where NS and NJT Merge off those Signals are Off Until a train Approaches

hmmm well on the Northeast Corridor "I'm less then a mile from it" The Signals are always Green Unless a train Passes through then it'll turn Red, Amber then Green once again Otherwise they are Always on. Except for the PRSL (Pennsylvania Reading Seashore Lines) Branch off of Frankford Junction where NS and NJT Merge off those Signals are Off Until a train Approaches

I'm in Reading PA. Here, they are always red, when a train is coming, it blinks amber, then steady green. at least at the control point i frequent.

Here the signals are always at red unless a train comes through or if a train ahead is to close to safely proceed. But this is with PZB90, with LZB the blocks are essentially ignored and you go ahead unless the LZB device shows you need to slow down due to a train ahead or the LZB section is ending.

WileeCoyote:D

Back