how to deselect in surveyor 2.0

Gary25b

Example: when laying track in Surveyor 2.0 I can't find a way to deselect the track-laying tool, ie if I lay some track, then wish to quit laying track, there is no context-menu item to deselect the tool. Wherever the cursor is located, a new section of track appears.

In general, it seems that selecting tools is not a toggle. I would think that clicking on a tool the second time should deselect it.

By looking in the forum I saw that ctrl-d deselects in legacy surveyor, and that works in 2.0 also. Seems odd however that there is no other way.

Last edited:
Hi Gary25b
Just to confirm for you that CTRL + D is the current key command to deselect in Trainz. This is replicated from most 3D and 2D creation tools (ie 3DSMax, Photoshop, and similar) which use CTRL + D to deselect objects.

As to the 'placement' tool, whilst this tool is selected it will always be active. To deactivate placement mode, the easiest option is to select one of the move tools; these are accessed through the S and D keys.

Regards

I hardly use the CTRL D now because when I lay track, I lay the length I want, click once to finish it then choose free move tool and you can click anywhere and do something else. It also works with assets.
Len

Back