How to create Steam era Whistle Communications in Driver Editor using Hornz Commands

davemare

I am trying to create Steam era Whistle communications for Stop (1), Start(2) and Reverse(3) in Driver Editor for a Driver for mainline and double header operations.

It appears that putting 2 or 3 Hornz commands doesnt create 2 or 3 whistle blasts, rather just a longer blast which can be done used the Hornz Extender command.

Does anyone know how to get a steam era whistle to blow 2 or three distinct times. without adding waits between the horns commands?

Thanks

dave

The original HornzExtended appears to get its timing from older, slower CPUs. Therefore, you don't get a break between calls to the whistle script.

Edit the config script and change these two settings:

delay_millisecs "2000"
delay_sequence "5000"

I have noticed on some whistles such as those for steam locos, the delay settings may need to be a bit longer because the whistle itself is longer. The actual GS scripts are encrypted (.gse) so no changing them. I found that the above settings do work for me.

Thanks Chili46.

reviewing the config file I sensed this was what needed to change. I have made the changed, and can submit the modification in CM and get the asset accepted.

However when I go to use the command in a session, the asset presents as faulty in CM with a red fault error of VE65 The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource texture resource.

Checking the file in explorer, there is a Texture file present as Hornzextended with a file type of Texture.

If I revert to original, there are no errors.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how to fix the error?

thanks

dave

Hi Dave

Have you tried putting a wait command between the hornz commands? There is a "Wait one second" command on the DLS by author "TRam__" kuid2:400260:423248:1 so you could perhaps put one or more between the hornz commands to get the effect you want. If you put the two whistle and three whistle commands into schedules in the Schedule Library you can call whichever one you require with a single copy command when needed.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Chili46.

reviewing the config file I sensed this was what needed to change. I have made the changed, and can submit the modification in CM and get the asset accepted.

However when I go to use the command in a session, the asset presents as faulty in CM with a red fault error of VE65 The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource texture resource.

Checking the file in explorer, there is a Texture file present as Hornzextended with a file type of Texture.

If I revert to original, there are no errors.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how to fix the error?

thanks

dave

Use the PEVSoft Images2TGA program, open the texture file and save as .TGA, then submit the edits. This will fix the problem for the missing resource.

Back