How Many users drive cars or other vehicles besides trainz in the program

jjslll54

Member since Nov 2001
Hi all,

I am developing a route and I am using invisible track on the roadways so you can drive a car if you so desire instead of a locomotive. My question is: How many actually do this? The reason is some of my street work gets complicated with the number of junctions needed at an intersection for four lane roads. The pictures below show what I mean. As you can see from the driver's view it might be hard to pick out your route on the fly. The first picture is the view in surveyor, second is in driver from the air and third is the drivers view. Maybe what I really need is invisible junction levers that don't have big red and green arrows so the names will be easier to read. If there are not very many interested in driving cars I can simplify by only putting roads along the main routes with no turns. Any ideas are welcome.

Jack

I certainly do. I usually drive my (released) 1963 VW Beetle or my (beta) drive-able 1969 GM New Look 'Fishbowl' bus.

I will say that that looks a little complicated and it would probably suffice to have one long path around the main road/s.

A rural or non-main road close to the railway track or a station for trainspotting would be visually pleasing and fun. :D

Kieran.

I drive the MOW truck, and railfan my Trainz running, viewing them from the cab of the truck, sometimes getting out of the cab and standing on the ground from a persons perspective ... I also view my Trainz running from the cab of aircraft flying above my route using BNSF Invisatrack aerial flyways. MonkeyWrenchModels also has 3 drivable vehicles with a cab view: Signalman, Pedestrian, Lantern.

"Walker lead pedestrian" and "walker trailing pedestrian" are a gas to watch pushing a train ... they are very strong !

Last edited:
Hello, sir ...

I like these type of routes -- May I suggest adding an airport --- Just imagine the traffic jam! :hehe:

Ish

Thanks guys. I do have an air route planned. I have two heli terminals and five fire towers up with one of them only accessible by helicopter. It's good to hear from you again Ish.

Jack

For some time I've been looking for a roadway (or several) that act like track - i.e. don't require an invisible track to be laid on top of a Spline roadway. Does anyone know of a source for such track-road, freeware or payware? It can be a lot of work aligning road with invisible track, especially if one doesn't want the wheels either sinking into the tarmac or floating above it.

Lataxe

If I did drive something other than trains it would be a boat/ship. As of right now I'm just driving trains.

Regards,

Thanks guys. I do have an air route planned. I have two heli terminals and five fire towers up with one of them only accessible by helicopter. It's good to hear from you again Ish.

Jack

Hello Jack, sir ... been a long time, indeed -- Hope that you are in great health, etc... taken it day by day, like myself here! :wave:

just got back into trainz after 6 months off, etc --- Just basically waiting to get my hands dirty with TANE, so much so that I updated memory and graphic card, so hopefully things run fine... better! Let's hope! I read the forum, tho, but I don't participate as much as I did many years ago!

As for your project here, sir, are these going to be modules, or full cities, meaning that it could like look sim city!? LOL ...

Also, I made static vehicles into drivable, with cyberstorm excellent script --- here are the links in case you wish to try them out:
I-Drivable NYD Fire Department Truck
https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=336642
I-Drivable NYD Fire Department Car
https://www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS_viewasset.php?AssetID=336641

Ishie

BTW add an airport,main railway station or a bus station like the one in North Greenwich.Imagine the traffic jams:hehe:

Back