How do I get this vehicle to work with the keyboard on realistic mode?

HookTheGamer

I currently am working on a map and I need these trains as they best resemble the ones I need. However, I cannot get them to work with the keyboard and I literally have to drag the mouse on the drive controller. Which isn't exactly convenient. So I was hoping someone with some scripting experience could shed some light onto this.

Any help is appreciated and If you need any more information just ask.

Thanks

A couple of questions.

Does this happen with all trains?
If not what is/are the kuids of the locomotives/power cars involved?

A couple of questions.

Does this happen with all trains?
If not what is/are the kuids of the locomotives/power cars involved?

No, all the other trams and the freight locomotives work just just fine.

Here is the one KUID for the entire consist. As it is an LRV

<KUID2:346926:2012003:1>

These never worked correctly even in TS12. For some reason the keyboard controls "zero" out and don't work, but controlling them with the mouse is fine.

I have just downloaded, installed and tested it in TRS19 Platinum and it is working fine but there is no reason why it should not also work in TANE. The keyboard controls (W and X) work. I will test in in TANE SP4 as well. One possibility, do you have the latest TANE (i.e. SP4) installed?

Check the asset in CM. It has 8 dependencies, 7 from the DLS and 1 built-in (in TS19 at least). Are any of them showing as missing or faulty?

EDIT: Keyboard controls are working perfectly in TANE SP4 as well.

Last edited:
I have just downloaded, installed and tested it in TRS19 Platinum and it is working fine but there is no reason why it should not also work in TANE. The keyboard controls (W and X) work. I will test in in TANE SP4 as well. One possibility, do you have the latest TANE (i.e. SP4) installed?

Check the asset in CM. It has 8 dependencies, 7 from the DLS and 1 built-in (in TS19 at least). Are any of them showing as missing or faulty?

EDIT: Keyboard controls are working perfectly in TANE SP4 as well.

No, no dependencies missing I just hit W and it resets the speed to 0.

Back