How do I fix this faulty item?

harpman

I've searched the forum looking to specifically learn how to fix some of the assets I have with are faulty. For instance, as an example I have an engine that shows up as faulty and when I look at the faults I get this:

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/main1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.
Error: Texture 'mesh_body/map1.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'mesh_body\mesh_body.im'.

Is this an EASY fix for a non-technical type or simply an unfixable fault except by the original author/creator of the asset? I would like to learn to 'repair' some of these faults to gain some of my favorite rolling stock back.

Thanks for helping a newbie...
bill

It's hard to give specific help when you don't provide the kuid number of the loco.
In general, you can ignore all warnings since they won't prevent an asset from working.
Texture errors may or may not be a problem. Many texture errors like you're showing are due to the body folder having the xxx.texture.txt file which calls out for xxx.tga or xxx.bmp texture file but it's not actually used by the .im (or .pm) mesh so the cure is to simply open the kuid for edit in explorer and delete the xxx.texture.txt file. Then save and commit.

Bob Weber

First, you can ignore the warning.

For the second error, you'll have to open the mesh using PEV's PM2IM with the Strip Textures option set. Notice that even though CMP is reporting main1.texture.txt as missing, it's right there in the folder with everything else.

For the third, simply make a copy of the map0.texture.txt file (or map2.texture.txt, map3.texture.txt) and rename it map1.texture.txt. You don't actually need to change the contents of the texture file; you want it to point to map0.tga or whatever since the map1.tga or .bmp file is missing.

Last edited:
simply make a copy of the map0.texture.txt file (or map2.texture.txt, map3.texture.txt) and rename it map0.texture.txt.

What is the point of renaming 'map0.texture.txt' to 'map0.texture.txt' ? it doesn't make sense, as you're not renaming it at all. :confused:

Still working on the learning curve here, but did want to say thank you to those willing to help me learn. Much appreciated!

I have something similar for the prr s1 6-4-4-6. I really want this engine to work, so ....... by the way im using TS12

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'prr_class_s1_6-4-4-6_shadow\prr_class_s1_6-4-4-6_shadow.pm'
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Warning: Missing or invalid selection for tag 'category-region' in 'traincar'.

it is also showing when I am viewing asset versions that one is *ahem* "broken"

Last edited:
You can fix the progressive mesh issue by running Pev's PM2IM utility on the asset. You can also use Pev's Quick Shadows utility to create a shadow im for it as well. Note: I've had mixed luck converting some PM's to IM's because sometimes some textures then won't load, and attachment points are occasionally missing from the new im.

Back