help!!!

joe68

Recently i had the dreaded error message of: unable to register Trainz URL registry. I then did the standard fix of going in and changing the cmp file. after that it worked fine once. I downloaded an Amtrak locomotive from DLS and it installed. But now when I try to start Trainz it just stops responding. Please I need help with this issue. I will say thank you now for any help given.

Recently i had the dreaded error message of: unable to register Trainz URL registry. I then did the standard fix of going in and changing the cmp file. after that it worked fine once. I downloaded an Amtrak locomotive from DLS and it installed. But now when I try to start Trainz it just stops responding. Please I need help with this issue. I will say thank you now for any help given.

Hello

Here is a another thread for those of you's having problems with CMP under Vista and also for those of you's getting this error message: Unable to register Trainz URL registry key - How you can get rid of it, link here:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=6513

Are you running vista?

Regards

Ahsan:)

sorry wasn't clear.

I took those steps and fixed cmp. I then downloaded an Amtrak Locomotive and installed it using cmp. then I closed cmp. When I tried to start TRS2006(the menu where it has start, options, extras, etc.) I clicked on start. The word turns green(as usual) then the program stops responding. I am running it on Windows Vista Home Premium with SP 1 for Vista. Thank you for any help.

Hello

Hear are some tips, get back to me if Trainz still fails to load for you.:)

1. What version of Trainz have you got running on your PC?.
2. Trainz and CMP need atleast min of 2gig of ram to run smoothly on your PC and make sure no other programs are running in the background.
3. What version of windows have you got on your PC, if vista make sure Trainz is installed as an administrator on your PC.
4. Have you ran Trainzdiag? to see if your PC passes all tests to run Trainz: C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Bin\TrainzDiag
5. Have tried deleting the assets.tdx and assets.bku files? so CMP will re-build the Trainz assets database: C:\Program\Files\Auran\TRS2006\assets.tdx and C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Cache\assets.bku
6. Have you got Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your PC?.
7. To disable sounds in CMP: In CMP go to file then settings then miscellaneous tab then tick disable sounds in CMP.
8. Have you got the latest video card drivers installed for your Graphics card?, recommended Graphics cards are ATI or Nvidia with a min of 256mb ram.
9. Is Trainz giving you fatal errors? fatal errors are caused by a number of things: Faulty content, Scripting errors, Software configuration or Faulty hardware, threads on Fatal Errors link here and also here.
10. You still can't get CMP or Trainz working then list your PC Spec here.
11. CMP or Trainz still not working for you?, must be a problem with your Trainz installation, you may need to re-install Trainz again. Once you have uninstalled Trainz and rebooted your PC it is handy to use a registry cleaner to remove any remaining entries for Trainz in the Windows Registry, try CCleaner: http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ and then reinstall Trainz.
12. Still no joy in getting CMP or Trainz working: must be a hardware or another software issue on your PC.

Regards

Ahsan:)

no go

Trainz still fails to load. TrainzDiag says that my PC passes all of the tests. Here are all of my specs: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.2GHz, 1GB DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel, 250GB 7200rpm HDD, ATI Radeon X1300PRO 256MB, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy sound card, and a Dell 19" monitor. The game ran fine before(had it installed for almost a year before I got cmp to work now this whole mess started).

Check to see if you have an assets.tdx file present. If not, then Trainz will not run until it is rebuilt.

Bob

Hello

Can you delete the assets.tdx and assets.bku files? so CMP will re-build the Trainz assets database: C:\Program\Files\Auran\TRS2006\assets.tdx and C:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\Cache\assets.bku

it make take a while to rebuild the database then run Trainz.:)

Regards

Ahsan

Back