Help!!

jamesrafferboy

Hey guys, really need someone's help! Basically, I just bought TC and it all loads up fine menu-wise, but when i click Driver or Surveyor, it takes aaaaaaaaages to load, and its very slow when it actually does load and frequently freezes! I've put all the display setting to low and its still jittery! Anything i should do??

Thanks

List your computer specs, most obvious answer would be you are underpowered ? But if we have what your running , makes it easier !

---DLR

OK, im not really good with computers so sorry if this is the wrong thing ...

CPU intel pentium dual-core processor 1.86GHz
Memory - 1GB/Go DDR2 SDRAM
HDD - 120GB/Go
Graphics - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
OS - vista

The fact you are running Vista takes me away from being of further help .
Sorry !
But you could do a search "vista trainz classics", there are several threads that may be of help. One, "Trainz Classic very slow", states that 1Gig of ram is not enough for TC in Vista (for what it's worth) ???
Most posters are here in the evenings, if you wait, I am sure someone will help !

Again, sorry of no help ---DLR

Yep, that things gonna weep at the sight of a train ...

And i suggest an extra Gig of RAM, will speed up loading/caching a fair bit ;)

Gangsta.

Or 2 if you use other games/can afford it, cos Vista near enough uses one Gig !

Last edited:
OK, im not really good with computers so sorry if this is the wrong thing ...

CPU intel pentium dual-core processor 1.86GHz
Memory - 1GB/Go DDR2 SDRAM
HDD - 120GB/Go
Graphics - Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
OS - vista

Basically Vista uses a fair chunk of memory. You need a standalone video card tomshardware.com is a good place to look, I'd suggest an ATI 3870 $220 at newegg.com, or nVidia 8800 GT 512mb $230. nVidia would be the preferred one maybe but the 3870 may require less power. You need to determine the size of your power supply as well it may need to be switched to a larger one.

Go to http://www.crucial.com/ and get your system scanned to see how much extra memory it will take. Vista should be able to make use of 3 gigs more or less but because of memory module size you may get stuck on 2 or 4 gigs. Go for 4 gigs if you can afford it mind you SDRAM is expensive and you might find it cheaper to go with a new motherboard or machine.

Cheerio John

Back