HELP!!!

PhantomV

Okay, so I have a mac and i have the Trainz game for it. I went into Manage content and started downloading a ton of stuff, yet only 1% of it actually went through. How do I make it all work?

And does anyone know these? These are missing for FEC RA SD70ACe. Both are "unknown"

<kuid:52779:55013>
<kuid:516661:100315>

Can anyone help?

If you give us the actual errors, we can then help. You do this by finding the faulty items in Content Manager and right-clicking (Or Control - Clicking) on them and selecting View Errors and Warnings, then copying and pasting the errors here. (Warnings won't stop content from working; only errors will.)

Not giving us the errors the assets are displaying is like walking into a pizza shop and saying "I'll have one pizza, please." ;)

Kieran.

Looked up the SD unit under Faulty in Manage Content. This is what i got.

FEC RA SD70M-2 int

Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'cab_wall_front-cab_wall_front_alpha.texture.txt'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'rearwall_roof-rearwall_roof_alpha.texture'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'sidecompletemap.texture.txt'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'sidewallscompletemap.texture.txt'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource "speedo.texture.txt'

Does that help?

Don't try and download a ridiculous amount in one go- it never works properly. Also, every so often, after you've downloaded a fair bit of content, you'll find that it'll stop allowing you to download. At this point, you need to go to File > Rebuild Database.

Looked up the SD unit under Faulty in Manage Content. This is what i got.

FEC RA SD70M-2 int

Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'cab_wall_front-cab_wall_front_alpha.texture.txt'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'rearwall_roof-rearwall_roof_alpha.texture'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'sidecompletemap.texture.txt'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource 'sidewallscompletemap.texture.txt'
Binary Conversion failed for texture resource "speedo.texture.txt'

Does that help?

This helps a lot. Do you by change have the author for this asset and the KUID so we can take a look.

By the looks of these errors, they are usually repairable using PEVs Tools on the PC. On the Mac, however, I'm not sure what you can do. In some cases these is caused by the texture being compress when it shouldn't be. This is easily fixed by opening the asset folders up in Content Manager. On the PC we use the Open for edit in Windows Explorer, but you don't have Windows so I don't know how you'd do that. If you get the asset open, try editing the one of the .TGA files mentioned, and resaving it without compressions enabled. You'll need to uncheck that option in the save dialog.

The texture could be in the 'wrong slot' in the mesh. This unfortunately is only repairable on the PC as far as I know by using PEVs Tools PM2IM.

And finally, the texture could be just missing. For that delete the .texture.txt files referencing that missing texture.

I hope this was helpful for you.

John

I would replace the interior with one from n8phu on the DLS. He repaired several of the interiors for the sporbust content (Which I believe that is) to work in TS12, if it works in TS12, it should work in TSMAC as well. Don't quote me on that, I am not 100% sure as I do not have TSMAC

Back