Help With Forums

Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum? I've never had this problem (or any reason to use it) but it looks like from what I can tell a different contact area then the helpdesk.

peter

I tried it as well, got no response.

Not surprising, it probably just sends an email to the site administrator.

Cheers,
Craig.

I tried it as well, got no response.

Not surprising, it probably just sends an email to the site administrator.

Cheers,
Craig.

which if it did would mean it would by pass the middle man (alan @ the helpdesk)....
Ah well we may never know.

peter

might I suggest you just change the "Contact Us" to link to the help desk, another link there wouldn't hurt anything...

peter

If you have permissions, or at least the clout to order the admin to change links on the main page (which requires Administrator access on 99% of all forum scripts I've run) then you/they should be able to add posting permissions to my account for all 2004 and 2006-related forums. I am a registered owner, planet auran member, and incredibly frustrated by this situation.

:(
Craig.

I am awaiting the same, full privileges . still unable to read certain forums threads. I have had a reply and as well awaiting . Im not sure why something like this has to be, as it seems bizarre; one can post in one section but not another and not read all threads . odd. I am patient however and I'm sure it will be resoved thx, d.f.

I am awaiting the same, full privileges . still unable to read certain forums threads. I have had a reply and as well awaiting . Im not sure why something like this has to be, as it seems bizarre; one can post in one section but not another and not read all threads . odd. I am patient however and I'm sure it will be resoved thx, d.f.

I am assuming it's because the VB "hack" they use to integrate the forum accounts with Planet Auran registration has a few rather serious bugs.

It has now been over a month since I first posted my query, and am wondering what, other than collecting the screen names of the affected users, is being done to remedy this situation?

:confused:
Craig.

I am still waiting for access privileges to the other Forums as well... so far, no action (or even any sign that our pleas have been heard) by anyone with the power to grant us access.

Hello... is there an Admin in the house???????

I have this problem as well and I do hope I'm on the list for people getting help once there is someone to do it.
If not, PLEASE add me.

It's been frustrating not being able to comment on my stuff or the route it's in...

AngelC

There is somebody working on the problem now, as from last night, I now have "Maintenance of Way" support forums, and can now post on forums that were previously blocked to me.

Hopefully it won`t be long before they have everybody sorted. :)

Ah finally, the doctor IS in the house, then I can perhaps post some screenshots of my own *:eek:GASP!:eek:*, ask about scripting, or... throw waffles at dreddman (with syrup, mmmmm:p).

WileeCoyote

There is somebody working on the problem now, as from last night, I now have "Maintenance of Way" support forums, and can now post on forums that were previously blocked to me.

Hopefully it won`t be long before they have everybody sorted. :)

Hopefully... as of 8:14am Friday, April 13 (ACK!) no change in my posting permissions. However, I expect the list is being dealt with alphabetically, so I'm going to be a ways down.

Hoping to have access to both 2004 and 2006-related forums, and be able to post thanks and queries in the Freeware forum real soon now. As far as screenshots, I'm rather embarrased by my mixed-gauge layouts to date, so I think it'll be a while before you see anything posted from me :p.

Cheers,
Craig.

Looks like it's been fixed now. Thanks go to the forum admin team who managed to come through with a fix for this problem.

Cheers,
Craig.

Same here, I can now see MOW, post in all the forums, I now also have a signature, and the title under my username is also more fitting to it itself and what I do:p. Thanks to whoever fixed my forum issues.

WileeCoyote:D

Thanks, Doc!

Yes, mine seems to be fixed now, too!

I never even saw many of the Boards before, so I wasn't aware that they even existed. Now I can see 'em and post in most of them, too!

THANKS!!!!

I still have the problem. (23:30 BST 18 April 07) I originally raised the issue when 2006 first came out some time last year.
Most frustrating. I can see the little message top right of this screen as I write this
Welcome tkeithmat ....

and at the top of this panel it says logged in as tkeithmat

yet when I try to get into the forums I get told to log in and register.

Keith

Hi tkeithmat,

We've checked your profile and you definately have full access and it all looks fine.
I have just logged into the forums as yourself and you do have access to all the forums and can post in all forums.
So I can't understand why your told to log in,
What internet browser are you using?
Do you have cookies enabled?
Your password is rather tricky, definately entered that correctly?

Alan

Back