Help With Forums

ckthomson

Perhapse a moderator can help me here, as there has been no change in my account status since the helpdesk reported forwarding my query to the moderators.

I, along with a good many other people, have found myself only able to post in this single forum. I can't speak for the others, but I would certainly like to be able do make posts thanking authors for their content or *gasp* maybe even post some myself.

Any help getting my full posting privs set up would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Craig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you'll need to contact helpdesk as they are the only ones who can help you resolve this issue.

Dave

I understand that you posted this before I corrected my post, but it seems that the helpdesk can't actually DO anything about problems with the forums, that's up to the forum helpdesk, which is apparently currently un-manned. I did however spot at least ONE forum mod at work in the suggestions forum a couple of days ago, so I know they're around.

Whether or not they have enough admin priviledges to be able to fix our accounts is another matter.

I haven't used VBulletin in ages myself, so I can't remember....

[EDIT] Just sent this via the Contact Us link, will see if it helps.
I cannot post to anywhere but "Surveyors, Operators, and Engineers".

I have purchased both TRS2004(Deluxe) and TRS2006 and registered them. I was under the impression that this was all I would need to do in order to get posting permissions.

I should mention that I have (very briefly) had permissions to post in other forums, but that wound up disappearing - since I haven't recieved any PMs or Email notifying me that I have had my posting priviledges revoked, I am working on the assumption that they haven't been.

I have contacted the helpdesk regarding this problem, and they replied :

-------
Helpdesk

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your inquiry. I will pass on your request for forum access to our Forum Administrator.

Cheers,

Alan Yeomans.
Helpdesk Coordinator.
Auran Games
www.auran.com

Helpdesk
www.auran.com/helpdesk
6th Mar 2007, 07:01pm
ckthomson Unable to post to most
Hello,

I have purchased both TRS2004 Deluxe, and TRS2006. I am currently unable to post on any forum except the Surveyor area. I am alson not getting access to the TRS2004-specific forums (if there are any). Can you please fix up my forum account with full posting permissions?

Thank You,
Craig.
5th Mar 2007, 09:09pm
------

Just figured I'd bring the problem to your attention myself.

Last edited:
The mods aren't really the kind of users who post, but I'd have to admit Alan Yeomans posts a lot for a moderater.

We moderators don't have the abilty to fix this problem you and vtbub are having as only the Auran administrator can. This may take a couple of days as it's the weekend in Australia now. vtbub I've put your name on the list of Trainzers that are having this issue.

AJ

We moderators don't have the abilty to fix this problem you and vtbub are having as only the Auran administrator can. This may take a couple of days as it's the weekend in Australia now. vtbub I've put your name on the list of Trainzers that are having this issue.

AJ

Fair 'Nuff... honestly I thought it was wednesday. I work nights, so I tend to lose track of time pretty easily. Anyhoo, thanks for the reply.

Cheers,
Craig.

AJ

Thanks, very much!

Access to Forums

It appears that this problem is widespread. In reply to a query on another matter, I received a reply from the Helpdesk (from Alan Yeomans, as it happens) which included a link to a forum thread where I would find more information. Trying to follow the link, I received the familiar message that I do not have the necssary privileges etc etc.

I pointed this out to Alan when I thanked him for his efforts on my behalf but have not as yet heard anything further. Mind you, it really is the weekend, even in Australia (or so I understand).

Peter

It appears that this problem is widespread. In reply to a query on another matter, I received a reply from the Helpdesk (from Alan Yeomans, as it happens) which included a link to a forum thread where I would find more information. Trying to follow the link, I received the familiar message that I do not have the necssary privileges etc etc.

I pointed this out to Alan when I thanked him for his efforts on my behalf but have not as yet heard anything further. Mind you, it really is the weekend, even in Australia (or so I understand).

Peter

Here we are, Just after 1pm on Monday - Our great Prime Minister mr. Steven Harper sold us out to the yanks and adopted their new Daylight Savings Time scheme (expected to wreak havok on pretty much all Canadian and American PCs, PDAs, PHP scripts . . .)... Cleared my cache and cookies, re-logged in, and still no joys.

Anyways, to all the content creators, thanks for all your wonderful content - it's your hard work that makes this software worth owning.

Hi Everyone,

I do have all your requests here and a few others also. Currently we do not have a web site administrator to process these, but I will pass these on as a matter of urgency once one is appointed.

Cheers.

Alan

Hi Everyone,

I do have all your requests here and a few others also. Currently we do not have a web site administrator to process these, but I will pass these on as a matter of urgency once one is appointed.

Cheers.

Alan

Wow! No web-site admin?

ahem....

cheers,
Craig.

Of course there's an administrator, it's Lance Jago if I'm correct. If not, then this is the strangest forum on the entire Internet. Lance is proboly away from the forum. He's proboly busy with Auran...

Either that or he's busy working with the creation of TRS2008 (or whatever it may be called), but even with a forum administrator this IS the weirdest forum on the internet, I mean, we have dreddman right?

WileeCoyote:D

Please add my name to the list of people who need help with this problem!

I also can ONLY post here, and cannot even access many of the other areas... Apparently, someone with "the power" just needs to grant us all access...

Of course there's an administrator, it's Lance Jago if I'm correct. If not, then this is the strangest forum on the entire Internet. Lance is proboly away from the forum. He's proboly busy with Auran...

I was in fact trying to avoid being an **** about it. glad to see that a couple of people find this claim to be a little odd.

Cheers,
Craig.

Probably...

Now go write it out a thousand times... :p:D

regards

Professor Harry. :D:p

Just out of curiosity has anyone tried the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the forum? I've never had this problem (or any reason to use it) but it looks like from what I can tell a different contact area then the helpdesk.

peter

Back