Help with barges as loads?

transitguard

workin' away.......
Hello, all. I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas about how to turn barges like Vulcan's or Barry's into a flat car load so I can do something like this:
ExplorePAHistory-a0a7l9-a_349.jpg

I am planning on using this for part of a Trainz video for a history project about "Improvement of transportation from 1800 to 1865". Can anyone help?

Now that is a nice picture.
The problem mine were aliased to invisible bogeys and were set to run 3 and 7 metre above invisible track with the attachment points on the mesh.
I don't have any of the original meshes or even even trainz at present though.
Ian's (Vulcan) latest ones are set to run 3 metres below invisible track with the attachment points.
You could have the barge mesh with a flatbed attached to the mesh then set the attachment point to real wagon bogeys to its base? Actually getting the barge off a wagon into the water if that is what you mean no real idea about that. Ian (Vulcan) had the train engine driving onto his ferry and locking onto it. Then the ferry could be moved across the water and train engine driven off so I suppose anything is possible.

Only use Blender now and not gmax and did make some sailing flats (just barges but sails could be added and no leeboards, and most items I made for trainz I now have simular as blend files.

Barry:)

Last edited:
Mainly it's just for looks, so I don't have to get it off the flat and into the water. I just need it to be on the flat. I guess I will try blender out unless someone wouldn't mind making some for me.

You have the files from blender? Would you mind sending them to me? They probably won't be released becuase they are just for this project.

thanks
TG

Mainly it's just for looks, so I don't have to get it off the flat and into the water. I just need it to be on the flat. I guess I will try blender out unless someone wouldn't mind making some for me.

You have the files from blender? Would you mind sending them to me? They probably won't be released becuase they are just for this project.

thanks
TG

TG
I think you would need to know a bit about Blender to use the basic blend files and even to get the texture back on can bit a bit difficult sometimes. You would need to add empties for bogeys and couplings.

Also you would need to export to .im which requires the download of the xml exporter which I no longer have. I think it was from the dev site or trainzwiki forget which as it has been updated a few times I think since I used it.

To export to drivable or moving would need the mesh remaking with attachments for bogeys, couplings, etc and config setting up for engine sound and horn sound etc. Also a platform added to the botom of barge. I havw never used wagon bogies only invisible so no idea of types required.

Perhaps somebody with a drivable barge mesh would be better able to help at present and reset height of keel to zero.
I might get 2009 and perhaps see what I can get into it from the blend files I have, as at present I don't have any version of trainz.

Barry

Last edited:
Back