Help w/ 2006 SP1

saintjimmy

You! Off my planet.
Hy everyone!

I recently d/l'd the service pack for Trainz 2006, and noticed sonethings different. (Read the following problems experienced)

1.)The main thing missing is the Driver selection in Driver mode (where you switch locos/cabs on the left of the screen). I've gotten used to it, but I sorta miss it.
2.)I believe this is kinda related to #1, but when I start Driver, any route with any loco, the thing starts with being on the #2 view on some invisible object out between abyss and oblivion, with not so much as a baseboard in sight!
3.)Another thing I found was that I lost all of my saved consists! (I had less than 10 custom, but I did notice)
4.)Also, when I'm in Surveyor, when I go to edit the session, none of the selections are available!
5.)What's time? Seriously! Time is FROZEN at noon, no matter what the time was (like on a nighttime scenario before, time is now at 12:00pm!)

Anyone else experience these things? Any tips? I was thinking about reinstalling, or removing the service pack.

Thanks for the help in advance!
-Kyle

Yours is a common problem. SP1 must be installed onto a fresh installation of TRS2006 that has not been run.

In short:- save assets-delete Trainz-install Trainz-install SPI off hard disk-reinstall assets.

There are instructions that tell you in more detail what to do. A forum search will find them.

There is no short cut, you have to do it this way.

Cheers

Narrowgauge

Thanks people!

So I just copy my local folder to somewhere outside the Trainz folder, then uninstall Trainz 06, then reinstall Trainz, then reinstall SP1 (w/o playing before), then retrieve my assets?

If so, then the hardest part will be copying my local!

Thanks for clearing the air!
-Kyle

I just finished moving my content back over, I started Trainz, and everything is back the way it should be: none of the above stuff occuring, and with service pack installed!

Thanks again for the help!

Back