Help Please. :)

bentrain14

does not make bogies
Hello, as many of you know, I am working on overhauling some horizon coaches. I want to replace the default coupler (which I know how) but the problem is the default coupler is part of the mesh. I am no expert with 3D modeling, with very little understanding, so I was wondering if someone could give me a little help with removing the coupler from the mesh. Please PM if you could help, and Ill work out permissions if you need them. Thanks for reading and thanks for any help in advance.

You might want to talk with n8phu about it. He replaced the couplers on a lot of units that he redid, as well as removing the dynamic break fan on the JR F7 mesh.

I may ask him. I know how to replace the couplers, and I have permission to use JR's. So all I need is the original taken off. Ill drop him a PM.

N8phu has the original 3D mesh to work with witch is the only way to remove something that is part of the mesh.

Having the original file is the only way to actually remove them (as already stated), however it may be possible to make them invisible using an alpha texture if the mesh mapping allows it.

N8phu has the original 3D mesh to work with witch is the only way to remove something that is part of the mesh.

I don't have the original mesh, I jut work with alpha channels and can "Hide" old couplers by positioning a new one over the old one...

It is a lot of smoke and mirrors, but the results are still pretty good.

Back