HELP PLEASE.....ITS ALL GONE

BOATDCTR

After suffering a major crash today (trs 2006 w/sp1) I have lost all my custom assets..gone.all gone...

So I went and reinstalled. Now when I go to cmp and try to use download station nothing comes up. user name and password and serial number all verified. any ideas. thank you

Sounds odd to me - I've had some fairly spectacular crashes and such with TRS2006, but it's NEVER deleted my entire TRS2006/Local folder (where all my custom content/downloaded content/etc lives). It may corrupt the assets.tdx, but all I needed to do was delete the existing assets.tdx, start CMP and let it rebuild its file (which can take a while, with 20+ gb of content) - but after its done, its all fine.

Having reinstalled, did you reinstall it cleanly (which WILL mean any downloaded/custom content you had will be gone), or just reinstall over an existing copy of TRS2006?

Hello

I suggest you do a clean install of TRS2006, move your custom downloads temporarily elsewhere on the drive.

Disable any antivirus/spyware software or any other software running in the background before you follow the steps below.

Uninstall Trainz from add/remove programs in control panel, reboot PC then use a registry clean to remove any remaining entries for TRS2006 in the windows registry, reboot PC once more then install TRS2006 then SP1.

follow Lance Jago's Instructions how to install SP1:

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?t=80

Regards

Ahsan:)

It was not a clean sweep install..and after hunting I found the local assets folder. Some of the content is back but not all. But my download station is still blank. When I click on download station it says there are no items to display. What next? Thank you.

It was not a clean sweep install..and after hunting I found the local assets folder. Some of the content is back but not all. But my download station is still blank. When I click on download station it says there are no items to display. What next? Thank you.

Hello

Delete the assets.tdx file and assets.bku file, CMP will then slowly re-build the assets database then your DLS tab in CMP will have all the assets.

Regards

Ahsan:)

Last edited:
Back