help can you ?

bmjank

I have a amd 64 3500+,2gb of ram and a nvidia geforce 8500 gt pci card .
When i add alot of trains to a route the game (06) goes nuts. I have 28 portals with 2 large yards about 500 rail cars and 50 locos is that to much for the game or is it the video card? Ive heard poeple talk about large layouts.

Actually both.
Trainz with that many trains, even if they are of the lowst poly count possible will still slow Trainz itself.
But at the same time Trainz is also limited by it's hardware. The 3500, and 2GB of RAM are enough, but the 8500 GT is a bottleneck, in terms of performance it's fairly weak. 8500 GT's just don't have much power for games, especially demanding ones like Trainz, even more so when you have that many trains running around.

HTH

what would be the best to buy for playing the game with alot of trains ?
Could my monitor be hurting my vidoe card its a 42 inch lcd

Last edited:
unless the LCD is a slow response time (really really old) I doubt it.
Most likely it's just the video card.

Unless I'm wrong they have only made a PCI-e 8500GT so you'll have a PCI-e slot.
Good card for the money is the 8800 GT 512MB, it's got plenty of power for Trainz. Another good one but costs a bit more is the 8800 GTS 512MB (G92), again a very solid and speedy card. the 8800 GTX and 8800 Ultra perform a bit faster, but they come at a huge price ($700 USD for the 8800 Ultra).
Basically the 8800 GT 512MB should suite you just fine, but the 8800 GTS 512MB (G92) is also a fine card.

Back