Having a Major problem

trainman7616

Western Maryland Addict
Hey all, hoping someone can tell me whats going on.

As of recent trainz 12 has started acting up.....ALOT.

Here is a list of whats happening.

1. TrainzUtil.exe does not run properly/at all anymore.

2. Everytime I try to launch quickdrive or exit the game/surveyor, the game locks up and I have to force shut it, resulting in a quick database repair everytime.

3. Extended database repair no longer runs, over quick database repair.

Does anyone at all have any thoughts or ideas on these problems? Other than uninstalling that is.

I was going to suggest reinstalling, but I agree this is a last resort type of thing.

1) When you start, go into option on the launcher and then the developer tab. Set the option to display database processes.
2) Set your display to Windowed.
3) Exit and hit cancel to kill the update database.

Go into Content Manager and run a QDR first. While this is running view the database processes. You may not see anything initially then towards the end you'll see a ton of messages. Let it run until it's completed. You'll then see a bunch of validating. Leave it alone, perhaps all night and let it complete.

Hopefully you'll be all set.

Outside of that, you might be totally hosed and have to reload. Backup your User Data folder and then reinstall. You can then import your content afterwards. As the assets.tdx file is probably hosed in your old version.

John

It fixed the crashing problem. However. Any asset or route I have made or installed even from JR and RRmods is now broke. Im hoping a EDR will fix that.

It fixed the crashing problem. However. Any asset or route I have made or installed even from JR and RRmods is now broke. Im hoping a EDR will fix that.

That's good.

View the errors and warnings. This will clear any false errors, and anything left will have to be replaced or repaired.

Note: There's going to be a big validation process running once the repair is complete. Let it run otherwise, you won't be able to start Trainz at all, or do anything else, for that matter in Content Manager without lock ups. You can see this in the database process window I had you setup.

John

Everything. Even builtin content is damaged. Its because of that retarded tadddamen bullcrap N3V was to lazy to get rid of.
6fdf3e10d1d427da830e901549b12f8a.jpg

Thats what it says for everything. Im done. Screw this game.

166c0bdeb3687fb436e85a3967e6ab38.jpg

Last edited:
You'll have to reinstall, sadly. It was worth the try on rebuilding. It happens to all software eventually.

John

Thing is. If I save a corrupted file. Import to my other install of ts12 on my vista. Theres no problems. Export it back to my win7 copy and it installs just fine.

I dont understand this game

Thing is. If I save a corrupted file. Import to my other install of ts12 on my vista. Theres no problems. Export it back to my win7 copy and it installs just fine.

I dont understand this game

This means your data is not really corrupt and it means the program its self is hosed and needs reinstalling. This is a good thing since your data is not damaged. :)

-- Save your User Data folder elsewhere so it doesn't get deleted.

-- Uninstall TS12 using the control panel as you would any program.

-- Clean-up any temporary files afterwards. it helps anyway whether you're uninstalling Trainz.

-- Defrag if you don't have an SSD.

-- Reinstall and add in any service packs.

-- Copy over your User Data folder and replace the one created by the new install.

-- Go into Content Manager and run an EDR.

-- Go to bed and let it run overnight and check in the morning.

John

Back