Has Tidewater Point 2.0 been fixed yet?

Argenfarkle

On at least 2 occasions N3V has stated that the broken Tidewater Point 2.0 DLC would be fixed in SP5. However, I saw no mention of it in the final Release Notes for SP5. Anyone know if this is being looked at?

I'm concerned about a payware DLC here that's still being sold in the Trainz Store. Several reports of broken track, sessions and other items on TP 2.0 have been reported by several Trainzers over a year ago. I even reported it myself twice and never heard back from N3V.

Jointed Rails says their version has been fixed for quite some time.

The latest beta of Trainz + included content updates but the routes were at Trainz build 5.1 so no use to TRS19 users. I don't own that route so I can't tell you if it was fixed.

Don't hold your breath. It's not up to N3V to repair DLC that they didn't make, that is up to the creator if they can be bothered.

Don't hold your breath. It's not up to N3V to repair DLC that they didn't make, that is up to the creator if they can be bothered.

Meanwhile, the Route is being sold by N3V for $40. So N3V is not responsibile if you purchase it from them? You purchase from N3V, not the creator. Not gumbling... but I just don't understand why N3V doesn't think things like this really harm customer relationships. I hope I'm wrong and it works for most people, but it's been broken here for a long time over many different '19 and '22 builds.

The original Tidewater is free on JointedRail and the new Tidewater is $30.00 USD. No need to pay $40 for something that can be had for less. Plus, you'll be able to modify the route if issues come up.

Technically, that isn't the entire story. According the JR, the corrected route was submitted but changes are made by N3V staff before it is bundled together as a .tzarc file for the game to be made available in the store and to be installed by the game. What is sold by JR is a series of CDP files at are installed via CM. I know that in some cases for other routes that N3V substituted rolling stock and locomotives in sessions to highlight the graphics capabilities of the game.

The original Tidewater is free on JointedRail and the new Tidewater is $30.00 USD. No need to pay $40 for something that can be had for less. Plus, you'll be able to modify the route if issues come up.

The Tidewater-2 that I see on N3V is listed at $40.00 and the TRS-19 Tidewater on JR is listed at $39.95.

Doesn't matter anyway.. I pay monthly for Gold so I have access to Tidewater-2. I'm not going to pay for it "again." But, I am at the point of rethinking some things so perhaps a JR purchase in the future? Though I find plenty of free routes (and have my own) so I likely won't purchase Routes if I give up Gold/Plus.

I would never let a vender take my money and send me something that is broken. Why don't you ask for a refund. And if they refuse complain tp your credit card bank that the vendor refuses to refund your money. It works all the time.

I would never let a vender take my money and send me something that is broken. Why don't you ask for a refund. And if they refuse complain tp your credit card bank that the vendor refuses to refund your money. It works all the time.

Thread bump, but JR does not refund online purchases (from what I've heard), however they will help you sort out the problem with their support. Acting entitled to a refund doesn't get you anywhere.

Thread bump, but JR does not refund online purchases (from what I've heard), however they will help you sort out the problem with their support. Acting entitled to a refund doesn't get you anywhere.

Entitled to Refund? I got it from my credit card bank. Whether they got it back from the vendor is not my concern.

Would not be an issue if N3V would incorporate JR's fixes, yes? I wonder why they are not following up on this.

Back