Has anyone experienced this with Speedtree assets?

SandyEggo

So one of the speedtree assets suddenly decided not to show up in-game.
I tried submitting edits but it didn't work because of a 'missing config file'?
I wondered if it had something to do with the dependecies, so I checked those
I submitted edits on <kuid:401543:1077> (SpeedTree Library) but then it gave me this
I think I might be a little lost here. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Have you installed any asset updates in the past few hours? Several people have been complaining today about problems relating to many, hundreds apparently, assets turning "obsolete" overnight. Might this be related?

You cannot submit edits to built-in content - use Revert to Original.

You're not missing anything - the unknown asset you've circled in the screenshot is an earlier version ( :1, and you have :2 installed) so that's almost certainly not your problem.

You cannot submit edits to built-in content - use Revert to Original.

You're not missing anything - the unknown asset you've circled in the screenshot is an earlier version ( :1, and you have :2 installed) so that's almost certainly not your problem.
yes you can I have done that Thousands of times over the course of 20 years Prove me wrong I dare ya

Gosh, I'm terribly sorry, I obviously haven't a clue.

What a good job you two experts* are on hand.

I'll leave you to it.

* If you know, you know.

Last edited:
Prove me wrong I dare ya
Not sure if that was necessary when someone was trying to help.

As both 2995valliant and oknotsen say, your best bet is to revert to original as attempting to submit modifications to built in content throws up all sorts of errors. However, if it is built in you can usually edit it in Windows Explorer by navigating to the file in your Trainz installation and then modifying it there, for example by editing the config etc. I've done this on occasion where required and it works as CM hasn't seen the asset as 'modified'.

Cheers,

PLP

As others here have said, using Revert to original is actually the best thing to do for built-in or DLC assets unless there's a reason to do otherwise such as a repair made to the same model using the same ID number and version, and this is pretty rare.

In addition to assets being Modified and affecting multiplayer, it can also cause weird issues, such as more missing assets, in built-in routes and sessions.

So, in summary if the assets are built-in or DLC, using Revert-to-original is the best thing to do.

Not sure if that was necessary when someone was trying to help.

As both 2995valliant and oknotsen say, your best bet is to revert to original as attempting to submit modifications to built in content throws up all sorts of errors. However, if it is built in you can usually edit it in Windows Explorer by navigating to the file in your Trainz installation and then modifying it there, for example by editing the config etc. I've done this on occasion where required and it works as CM hasn't seen the asset as 'modified'.

Cheers,

PLP
your Ignored

Unfortunately, RetroRails12 doesn't seem to agree as I've just received a PM telling me to get lost and threatening me with the "ban hammer"!

It's a shame when people try to help out by providing useful information from their own experiences, to then be affronted by other users. Thankfully, the majority of users don't act like this but sadly you get the odd one or two who don't seem to know how to act on a public forum.

@RetroRails12, I'm ready for you to ban me now if you like as you clearly have the authority to do so.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks John, I've made use of the ignore button so I won't have to see it any more :)

To the OP; apologies for the direction the thread has gone in, but hopefully before the bickering you got your answer. Let us know if you still need help with anything!

Cheers,

PLP

Back